Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Saracens V Connacht 18th January 13.35

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24253

Edit.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by connachtcl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24254

Healy and away support are proud, at least

More
10 years 8 months ago #24255

And Marmion, the rest is a pure catastrophie...

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
10 years 8 months ago #24256

Sorry but that's some slop to watch. No attempt to even play rugby or make any effort to defend the ball. Sick of it to be honest!! Duffy should not have been on that field today.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by micktreacy. Reason: Word

• illplaybymyself
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24257

Ah just blow it up pleeeease :sick:

More
10 years 8 months ago #24258

Out muscled, out carried, out classed.

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
10 years 8 months ago #24259

Ah FFS 10 tries and feck all of then even opposed or defended and to throw insult to Matt Healy he's being forced to play on with what looks like a fairly bad injury this hurting his chances of recovery for the bread and butter games.

• The Outlaw
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24260

Most embarrassing performance for a while.

I'll keep saying this you cannot compete with a pack as lightweight as ours.

Basic execution of skills was horrible

We'll do well to hang onto Marmion and Henshaw with non HEC rugby for some time to come.

• whestisbest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24261

Glad that's over. What an embarrassment.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24262

Embarrassing is the word. Not sure there's too many that should even show their face in the next two weeks. That performance was damaging for the HEC brand really an endorsement of a new European competition. Was hoping for any shred of positive play to grab onto but it never came.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24263

That was horrible. Reckon White gone for the rest of the season. Hope Healy injury not as bad as it could be. Forced to play on could really add alot more recovery time.

No real positives at all. But I hate to say it, thought Duffy was woeful. The communication between the back 3 was awful all game.

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
10 years 8 months ago #24264

Have no time for Duffy, haven't had for some time, how many times did he try to be a hero and burst in front of someone else to try and take a ball and end up loosing it!! Off to the eagles with him now. Thought Ronaldson should at least have been on the bench in London.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24265

Thats just beyond pathetic, ashamed to call myself a Connacht man after that total rubbish and even I am at my limit now, we will lose most new tenuous supporters with that surrender monkey puke rugby :sick: .

We did look exactly like a park side with absolutely no coaching, one out runners, breakdown a disaster support about five minutes behind, guys running into each other for high balls, zero communication. That disaster result will have undone a huge amount the good from Toulouse win.
White idiotic once again,. Henry looks like a guy you would find at a bar every night he is totally out of shape and is a walking hospital with all those bandages.
First up tackles were dire, missed tackles all over the place. Duffy shocking again.

I am sorry but if we ever want to move on we can never again accept these kind of results there has to action of some sort of taken to show this, they should have been booed off the pitch by the connacht supporters ala northampton saints.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• murph13
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24266

Absolute shite, woeful. Ok Sarries are a top side but there is no excuse for what we've just seen, disgraceful.

I, and everyone else, feared the worse when Lam announced his side, I just don't get where his head is at picking Parks and Duffy, both shite all year, no number 8, does he not watch his side play?!?! He has no idea when it comes to selection.

It's just as well Hodgson missed so may kicks, we'd have been looking at getting on for 80 points any other day.

For all those who have had a pop at me for saying Lam needs to go I'd love to know what ye are thinking now, enough is enough, we've come too far to start seeing that sort of shite again, he has to go and now.

I agree with Devils Own - ashamed is what I feel, and if Lam has any respect for Connacht he'll go now.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24267

Didn't see it, but was following on ERC site.

Terrible to have to say that Sarries left 19 points behind due to missed kicks. What happened to White GTCC? Injured?

Seems to have been a complete collapse which suggests that aside from the physical, the team were mentally unprepared.

Lam's position is probably not up for discussion yet, but this is as bad an embarassment as Edinburgh. Maybe worse.
The season is gone. The rest of the league should be about blooding the younger players, nothing to be gained from continuing to play older ones like Duffy, George, Parks, they will only cause damage to the younger players.

I dread to think of the crap from Nigel Wray over next few days using this result as "an example" of why Connacht should not be in the HEC Grr.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by columoc.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24269

columoc wrote: Didn't see it, but was following on ERC site.

Terrible to have to say that Sarries left 19 points behind due to missed kicks. What happened to White GTCC? Injured?

Seems to have been a complete collapse which suggests that aside from the physical, the team were mentally unprepared.

Lam's position is probably not up for discussion yet, but this is as bad an embarassment as Edinburgh. Maybe worse.
The season is gone. The rest of the league should be about blooding the younger players, nothing to be gained from continuing to play older ones like Duffy, George, Parks, they will only cause damage to the younger players.

I dread to think of the crap from Nigel Wray over next few days using this result as "an example" of why Connacht should not be in the HEC Grr.

White got a yellow card. Should have been red in my opinion. Reckless use of the boot a number of times, one of which was very near ( i think there was contact ) with the head.

logo