Search Our Site

Topic-icon Saracens V Connacht 18th January 13.35

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 8 months ago #23956

Stander is listed at the same height as McKeon and 114kg, no real reason why McKeon couldn't go from his listed 103 to at least 108-110 without hurting his speed. SOB is 6'2" and 108 according to the Irish rugby website. The power gained from another stone on McKeon would more than make up for any marginal loss in speed/mobility (which really shouldn't be affected in any case until its all flab).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23959

salmson wrote:

sea_point wrote:
I'm hoping it's to bulk him up, and not to make a man out of him... :ohmy: ;)

Is that the first recorded instance of a "Yo Mama..." joke on this forum? Well played, sir.

I'm claiming an assist...

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
10 years 8 months ago #23970

phatguerilla wrote: Stander is listed at the same height as McKeon and 114kg, no real reason why McKeon couldn't go from his listed 103 to at least 108-110 without hurting his speed. SOB is 6'2" and 108 according to the Irish rugby website. The power gained from another stone on McKeon would more than make up for any marginal loss in speed/mobility (which really shouldn't be affected in any case until its all flab).

McKeon is listed as 103KG on the Connacht site, George is 112KG..

www.connachtrugby.ie/#team

• swift4prez
  • swift4prez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 8 months ago #23972

Word from our main reporter:

Dave Finn ‏@Furlo 2m
#connachtrugby Injury Update: Mick K has a shoulder knock. He's doing light work atm & is still in contention. Craigs R & C are both ready

Go to have Clarke back! Id stick Ronaldson at 12, Griffin 13, henshaw 15. Carty at 10. we'll have 2 kickers on the pitch!

when did kearney injure himself, was it trying that crazy 22 drop out?

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by swift4prez.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23978

swift4prez wrote: when did kearney injure himself, was it trying that crazy 22 drop out?

Yeah, read that in a match report.

Great news that the Craigs are back. Start CR at 10? I do like your suggestion to have him at 12, mind.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23982

even though Ronaldson has'nt played in a few weeks, i'd still have him back in the team, the advantage of playing him at 12 is that Henshaw can be moved back to 15, it does weaken our midfield however I don't see a viable alternative at 15 where if we play either Duffy or Leader I'd have real concerns, especially against Saracens it will be a a key position, Saracens like to use the kick/chase on their artificial surface where their back 3 put pressure on the other teams back 3.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by clanman.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23983

if Robbie drops back to 15, do we have Leader or Gav on the bench? My vote would be for Leader, but Gav might have the mindset.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23984

Carty at 10, Craig R at 12, Robbie at 15, and Dan not in the 23, maybe? Why name 3 outhalves in the matches squad a la Deccie?

More
10 years 8 months ago #23988

Not to add too much levity, but any time he has taken the field, Darragh Leader has caused this song to pop into my head:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Benji

More
10 years 8 months ago #23990

After a couple of bad takes on high balls against Zebre I'd be afraid Saracens would target Leader and it's why I would prefer Henshaw back there or even Duffy. Not sure Lam would gamble though with starting Ronaldson at centre or outhalf so I could easily see him starting the more experienced Parks and Duffy. It will be interesting to see his team, a better case can be made for retaining Carty than Leader IMO. It's good to have Clarke returning. The lads have a bit of a break after this one so they should leave it all out on the field.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23991

Fafita at 12. Ronaldson at 10. Henry at 2 with heffernan on bench. Mul Heenan and George. Wilkinson white. Clarke swift. Marmion. Griffin 13 Henshaw full back. 11/14?id have Duffy in one yes he has slowed but we need beef.

More
10 years 8 months ago #23993

Droptheclaw wrote: Not to add too much levity, but any time he has taken the field, Darragh Leader has caused this song to pop into my head:

Myself and decadence tried to get that going the last day. The only people who got it was a young lad in front of us. Made me feel old.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Decadence.

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
10 years 8 months ago #23995

FACECUTTR wrote: Fafita at 12. Ronaldson at 10. Henry at 2 with heffernan on bench. Mul Heenan and George. Wilkinson white. Clarke swift. Marmion. Griffin 13 Henshaw full back. 11/14?id have Duffy in one yes he has slowed but we need beef.

It's up front we need the beef, not the backs.....

More
10 years 8 months ago #23996

But who will add that that's not already there. New signings but that's no good to us against Sarries or for the rest of the season. At least Fatita would add an extra ball carrier

More
10 years 8 months ago #23997

Paddy Kim Yong Un Power is quoting Saracens at 1/200. I like those odds!

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
10 years 8 months ago #23998

George might have weight but he has lost his power. He doesn't have the confidence to pick a straight line and run it which is all we really need him to do. He's instead hopping about in front of the defence and letting the defence get up. That said I was not very impressed with McKeon last week at 8. If we had Faloon I would say we should start Heenan at 8. Such a pity we don;t have him though.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

logo