Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Saracens V Connacht 18th January 13.35

More
10 years 8 months ago #23999

FACECUTTR wrote: At least Fatita would add an extra ball carrier

You have to catch the ball to carry it, which I'm guessing is why the ship has sailed on Fifita at centre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24000

I've been very impressed with Henshaw at center over the past few games. Ideally, we could start McSharry and Griffin in the centers, with Robbie at FB, but with Dave out for another 3 weeks, I'd continue with Griffin and Henshaw in the middle, and put Duffy in at Full Back

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #24001

For god sake, everydoby except Lam knows TOH is the solution with Henshaw stuck at centre. Duffy too old, Leader too young, TOH played HCup in the past, no more to be said...

More
10 years 8 months ago #24002

connachta wrote: For god sake, everydoby except Lam knows TOH is the solution with Henshaw stuck at centre. Duffy too old, Leader too young, TOH played HCup in the past, no more to be said...

My opinion of Tiernan is very changeable, but right now I'd agree that he should be given a chance to start at full back this weekend. In his few appearances recently I thought he looked lively. He's a great man for chasing a high ball, and he is a try scorer too when given the chance. I do have this overriding feeling that he got too caught up in his image as a pro rugby player, and lost focus on the actual rugby, but hopefully Lam's treatment of him has kopped him on a bit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Benji

More
10 years 8 months ago #24003

connachta wrote: For god sake, everydoby except Lam knows TOH is the solution with Henshaw stuck at centre. Duffy too old, Leader too young, TOH played HCup in the past, no more to be said...

imgur.com/fqfeH.gif

@The_Culk
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by theCulk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devils own

More
10 years 8 months ago #24004

connachta wrote: For god sake, everydoby except Lam and CONNACHTCOWS knows TOH is the solution with Henshaw stuck at centre. Duffy too old, Leader too young, TOH played HCup in the past, no more to be said...

Updated that for you.
I'd feel much more comfortable from a defensive perspective with Duffy starting at full back, rather than TOH

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• Funk It
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24005

ConnachtCows wrote:

connachta wrote: For god sake, everydoby except Lam <strong>and CONNACHTCOWS</strong> knows TOH is the solution with Henshaw stuck at centre. Duffy too old, Leader too young, TOH played HCup in the past, no more to be said...

Updated that for you.
I'd feel much more comfortable from a defensive perspective with Duffy starting at full back, rather than TOH

Only flaw is that Duffy isn't very good at defending asides from claiming high balls

More
10 years 8 months ago #24006

He is injured again so it's probably a blessing. Not that I ever think a player gettin injured is a good thing.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24015

Just in case anyone else was lost, Facecuttr is talking about Fifita. He picked up an injury in the Eagles game and is unavailable.

Squad update

www.connachtrugby.ie/squad-update-ahead-...s-game/#ConnachtNews

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by RogueXV. Reason: adjusted link

More
10 years 8 months ago #24016

Thanks Rogue I thought I copied in the Fatita bit in but it didn't show.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24020

By my reckoning Lam should be able to name a decent side from the players available with only Faloon, McSharry and, probably the biggest loss IMO, Poolman among the injured that would figure in Connacht's best side. Still decisions to be made on what horse for the course, getting some combinations right and maybe a gamble on Carty or not.

• Zzippy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24029

Team and subs I'd like to see on Saturday: Lam needs to light a fire under McKeon's arse and get him playing to his potential, but George has been no great shakes either lately so Eoin gets the nod. IMO Duffy has been beyond poor, same for Parks, so no starts for them, I wouldn't even have Duffy in the squad.

Wilko
JHW
White
Kearney
Clarke
Mul
Heenan
McKeon
Marmion
Carty
Healy
Ronaldson
Griffin
Carr
Henshaw

Henry
Buckley
Dave
Browne
George
POD
Parks
TOH

More
10 years 8 months ago #24034

sensible selection but what's the point of having 3 outhalves in the squad? You could drop Parks for Swift and go with a 6-2 split.

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 8 months ago #24036

Personally feel that neither Carty nor Ronaldson have had a lot of game time and either could pull up early either through cramp or just not being able to handle the full 80 of a Heineken game against Saracens. Would prefer to see either one coming off the bench to give continuity to the gameplan and ensure Connacht don't suddenly start playing really deep which is what is likely to happen when Parks comes on.
There's the chance Parks will come out with a Rog v Clermont style one big last performance but its hard to see happening.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24039

Zzippy wrote: Team and subs I'd like to see on Saturday: Lam needs to light a fire under McKeon's arse and get him playing to his potential, but George has been no great shakes either lately so Eoin gets the nod. IMO Duffy has been beyond poor, same for Parks, so no starts for them, I wouldn't even have Duffy in the squad.

Wilko
JHW
White
Kearney
Clarke
Mul
Heenan
McKeon
Marmion
Carty
Healy
Ronaldson
Griffin
Carr
Henshaw

Henry
Buckley
Dave
Browne
George
POD
Parks
TOH

With Ronaldson back, I completely agree with your team except Buckley ahead of wilko, too much penalised at scrumtime

More
10 years 8 months ago #24082

Zzippy wrote: Team and subs I'd like to see on Saturday: Lam needs to light a fire under McKeon's arse and get him playing to his potential, but George has been no great shakes either lately so Eoin gets the nod. IMO Duffy has been beyond poor, same for Parks, so no starts for them, I wouldn't even have Duffy in the squad.

Wilko
JHW
White
Kearney
Clarke
Mul
Heenan
McKeon
Marmion
Carty
Healy
Ronaldson
Griffin
Carr
Henshaw

Henry
Buckley
Dave
Browne
George
POD
Parks
TOH

I don't like the idea of breaking up the Griffin/Henshaw partnership. They have been good together. I also think if we want Henshaw to develop, it'd be better for him not to be constantly switching positions.

logo