Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Saracens V Connacht 18th January 13.35

• galway_gas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24427

GTTC wrote:

_nobody_ wrote: White cited for stamping and marmion for punching. Hearings set for Thursday

Marimon? The incident at the end of the first half i assume? Was a light brush to the body from what I can remember. At the time, assumed the incident was referred to the TMO for something down to him. He got very excited after the try, had assumed he was the victim.

Unless there was another incident. Any one any idea?

Regards white, could be a long one.

Apparently he hit Neil de Koch during second half. Did anybody see it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
10 years 8 months ago #24433

rossie wrote: According to the stats Connacht bad 45% possession but missed 30 tackles and only won 58% of their lineouts.

And yet we missed 32 in Toulouse...

Justice 4 Faruk

More
10 years 8 months ago #24436

ummm, wrote:

rossie wrote: According to the stats Connacht bad 45% possession but missed 30 tackles and only won 58% of their lineouts.

According to ESPN tackles made / missed:

Toulouse: 149 / 32

Saracens: 91 / 30

I guess making 149 tackles affords us a bit of slack.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by The IMF.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24438

"Stats are for losers, the final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick.

Wise, wise words to live by

@The_Culk

More
10 years 8 months ago #24439

The IMF wrote:

ummm, wrote:

According to ESPN tackles made / missed:

Toulouse: 149 / 32

Saracens: 91 / 30

I guess making 149 tackles affords us a bit of slack.

Missed 1 in 5 tackles in a winning performance v 1 in 3 in an embarrassing one!

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
10 years 8 months ago #24440

<maths pedant>
The ratios were 1 to 5 and 1 to 3. So they missed 1 in 6 and 1 in 4.
</maths pedant>

:P

Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by ummm,.

More
10 years 8 months ago #24441

theCulk wrote: "Stats are for losers, the final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick.

Wise, wise words to live by

"Statistics are just like mini skirts, they give you good ideas, but hide the most important thing"

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• the dog and DUCK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #24443

That was a typical Connat performance, had the lead but couldn't hold onto it. Actually, we had the lead twice and they were too cowardly to hold onto it.

Seriously though, that was a disgraceful performance and everyone of them should be hung, drawn and QUARTERED inside in eyre square. I was over at the game and I've never seen a more pathetic performance in my whole life. Just to put it into context, rugby is their job, that's what they're paid to do and not one of them can pass, tackle, catch the ball or even run. There's 5 or 6 of them that really need to think about the day job, I think they could be more suited to, well, any other job you can think of.

Like Saracens scored 11 tries. That's more than Connacht have scored in 6 Heineken Cup games. But the thing that highlighted the patheticness the most was Matt Haley's attempted tackle in the second half, he got bounced back so far that he nearly landed beside me in the stand, then a few minuted later himself and Griffin nearly had to be pulled apart behind the try line after Haley made a mistake that lead to a try, I hope some of the older lads explained to the 2 of them that it would be a lot more in their line to try take out some of that aggression on a few Sarries lads instead of on each other.

Sorry if this message is a bit OTT but I'm just so frustrated with them

More
10 years 8 months ago #24445

Sorry, Dog and Duck.
Its a very bad day at the office for the Connacht lads.
They were just too good and we were poor for most of it.
Sarries are a serious side and far bigger teams have gone to that All Weather pitch and got hammered.
Welcome to the Forum. We are all hurting after a loss like that but the players and staff are hurting more than us.
Supporting Connacht isnt easy and wins are few and far between. We should be higher than we are in the table. A new manager is any club rugby team is given time to settle it with the players and plan from there. Lets hope Lam can pull a few good performances together this year and build also for next year.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sea_point, menacethedenis, mahick

• swift4prez
  • swift4prez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #24491

from the twitter machine

linley mackenzie ‏@linleymackenzie 2h
Good news for Kieran marmion-his citing is dropped. Nathan White up to erc discipinary meeting tomorrow afternoon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom, connolly, Benji, mahick, phatguerilla

More
10 years 7 months ago #24492

Fantastic !! At least he can concentrate on being in the Irish squad

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #24493

Agreed I had a good look at it when it happened and then on TV and it seemed someone stepped on him either on purpose or by accident which is why he reacted the way he did. In either case it was handbags and shouldn't have being cited in the first case.

I'm worried with White though he has an spotty disciplinary record (although it has being good since he has being in Ireland) so if he gets cited it will be mid-level based on previous behaviour.

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #24495

connachtexile wrote: Agreed I had a good look at it when it happened and then on TV and it seemed someone stepped on him either on purpose or by accident which is why he reacted the way he did. In either case it was handbags and shouldn't have being cited in the first case.

I'm worried with White though he has an spotty disciplinary record (although it has being good since he has being in Ireland) so if he gets cited it will be mid-level based on previous behaviour.

His previous record doesn't influence the decision on what kind of severity level the JO will choose. Track records are used to add extra weeks or take them away from the entry point.

Justice 4 Faruk
The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

More
10 years 7 months ago #24499

More
10 years 7 months ago #24500

According to rte citing against k m upheld but no ban

Long time member, short time poster

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 7 months ago #24543

This is probably as good a place as any? Ian Evans 12 week ban for stamping McCarthy. The injury was much (much) greater than White v Barritt but do they take that into account? starting to think 4-6 weeks might not be out of the question for White.

logo