Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht vs Cardiff Sept 1st 17:00

Poll: Are you going to the match

Yes
25 78.1%
No
7 21.9%
Total number of voters: 32 ( FACECUTTR, Woody, rossie, Connachtman, N17 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Packie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • FOUNDING FATHER
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9330

From Galway Independent online:

Possible Connacht team to face Cardiff: M Jarvis; F Vainikolo, M McCrea, D McSharry, T O'Halloran; M Nikora, D Moore; D Buckley, E Reynecke, JP Cooney; M Swift, A Browne; J Mudoon, W Faloon, G Naoupu.

But on the printed version today it has a different line up

Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Packie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9332

that team is not including the lads who went to new zealand. duffy maccarty and locks will prob be in

• Packie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • FOUNDING FATHER
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9333

From Memory, Duffy is at Fullback, Jarvis to centre, loughs TH and Mike Mac into second row for Andrew Browne

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9335

Packie wrote: From Memory, Duffy is at Fullback, Jarvis to centre, loughs TH and Mike Mac into second row for Andrew Browne

Which centre drops out?

• Packie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • FOUNDING FATHER
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9336

McCrea I think, remember this is a "possible" line up from the indo, not actual

The following user(s) said Thank You: salmson

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9341

I would keep Mc Crea as 13, has power and pace, is fit after friendlies

my try :
G Duffy ; F Vainikolo, M McCrea, D McSharry, T O'Halloran; M Nikora, D Moore; D Buckley, E Reynecke, R Loughney ; M Swift, M Mc Carthy; J Mudoon, W Faloon, G Naoupu.

Subs : P Reilly, K O'Byrne (big problem here dunno if J Harris Wright or Fla will be fit on time) J P Conney (or N. White); A Browne ; J O'Connor, K Marmion ; M Jarvis (a "de luxe" joker who can come in as 10, 12 or 15); D Poolman (as 13 or 14)

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9348

I thought McSharry was still injured?

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9358

he played the 1st half against munster A, so he will problably lined up on the 1st of september due to Kyle and Eoin injuries

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9415

The Connacht Clan will be having a Player Forum in the Clan Bar after Saturdays game against Cardiff. Full story in the news section:

Player Forum article

I've also started a separate thread for anyone who has a particular question in mind that they'd like asked

"Our march is quite slow y'know, when we get to where we want to get to, it's going to take time, but when we get there it's going to be fantastic." - Johnny O'Connor 2013
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Decadence.

• bluesboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9424

Blues will be without internationals Sam Warburton, Leigh Halfpenny, Bradley Davies and Alex Cuthbert. Also, injuries to Jamie Roberts, Michael Paterson, Chris Czekaj, Rhys Patchell and Benoit Borrust, and illness to Jason Tovey mean that it will be a very patched up side with many 3rd choice players starting. My guess at the starting 15 is something like:

15 Fish
14 James
13 Evans
12 Hewitt
11 Robinson
10 Davies
9 Williams
8 Pretorius
7 Copeland
6 Navidi
5 Cook
4 Reed
3 Filise
2 Kyriacou
1 Trevett

That is quite possibly the weakest Blues side I have ever seen in this league!!!

• ConnachtCows
  • ConnachtCows's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9425

bluesboy wrote: Blues will be without internationals Sam Warburton, Leigh Halfpenny, Bradley Davies and Alex Cuthbert. Also, injuries to Jamie Roberts, Michael Paterson, Chris Czekaj, Rhys Patchell and Benoit Borrust, and illness to Jason Tovey mean that it will be a very patched up side with many 3rd choice players starting. My guess at the starting 15 is something like:

15 Fish
14 James
13 Evans
12 Hewitt
11 Robinson
10 Davies
9 Williams
8 Pretorius
7 Copeland
6 Navidi
5 Cook
4 Reed
3 Filise
2 Kyriacou
1 Trevett

That is quite possibly the weakest Blues side I have ever seen in this league!!!

Thanks for that Bluesboy. Thats a lot of big names missing. What type of result are you expecting from this game.

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• bluesboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9426

I was just informed that I forgot about Ceri Sweeney at 10, but then again that shouldn't change the outcome!!! :unsure:

As you know, first games can be hit and miss, but personally I don't expect anything better than a losing bonus point... :pinch:

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9428

Aye, but for which team? :)

Justice 4 Faruk

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9431

we have to take our time, but against that team, we must seek an offensive BP...

• bluesboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9432

ummm, wrote: Aye, but for which team? :)

As a Blues supporter I would take a losing bonus point now, but as usual will be disappointed on the day if that is all we get!

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9444

bluesboy wrote: Blues will be without internationals Sam Warburton, Leigh Halfpenny, Bradley Davies and Alex Cuthbert. Also, injuries to Jamie Roberts, Michael Paterson, Chris Czekaj, Rhys Patchell and Benoit Borrust, and illness to Jason Tovey mean that it will be a very patched up side with many 3rd choice players starting. My guess at the starting 15 is something like:

15 Fish
14 James
13 Evans
12 Hewitt
11 Robinson
10 Davies
9 Williams
8 Pretorius
7 Copeland
6 Navidi
5 Cook
4 Reed
3 Filise
2 Kyriacou
1 Trevett

Will be interested to see how Robin Copeland goes for you, I've liked the cut of his gib since his St Mary's days, had sort of hoped that we would have picked him up before he headed to England with Titans and then to you.

I know we're not short of talent in the 2nd/back row but from what I've seen of him over the years he always struck me as having the talent to be international calibre. At only 24 I can see him doing three years and opting for Wales as he's hitting his prime....

logo