Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Toulouse v Connacht

More
10 years 9 months ago #22702

I can hardly write this but Im so proud of that win. To shove it back down the throat of the haters is great but the way we won it wow. This is Connachts biggest win and deservedly so. I love this team so much and for all the bad days we have this wipes them all away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WestLuce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22703

Unbelfuckinevable win boys fair play,happy for Lam, this is the reason i hate when people want him gone after a bad runs :evil: , he is GOD!!
Most players were exeptional, george and rodney were the two who wernt great, rodney nearly cost us with his stupid lazy play but we won tolouse anyway!!!! :P

• whestisbest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22704

I'm speechless…..

and emotional. :woohoo:

More
10 years 9 months ago #22705

Great result, huge commitment from everyone.

I said previousy lam should have at least one season before anyone judges him but after today give him an extra contract

Long time member, short time poster

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 9 months ago #22706

Lam for lifelong coach!

Superb performance, Marmion is a future captain imo, one of the somewhat underrated things he does amazingly well is to wrap up the opposition 8 coming from the back of a scrum, did it at least once to Picamoles who isn't a player you stop easily. Henshaw showed his class, strength, decision making and passing are all on the up. Super effort from 1-23, this is a watershed moment and its up to the players and coaches to set this standard from now on. Starting to see some real structures in place around the field, at the breakdown, line speed as mentioned, starting to understand when and how to run it from the 22, some variation in the dummy run moves in midfield would be nice but these will all improve as long as everyone involved keeps their heads and sees this as a chance to build a season around this performance.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sol_ie, mican

More
10 years 9 months ago #22707

ohh my gawwwddd

Whole team were top notch but special mention to that man Heenan again - different class

Could say was ref was harsh in regards robbies try but iv seen tries similar to Marimons not given so let bygones be bygones..

Roll on next Sat, it be too cheeky to ask for Back to Back wins? i think not - on the lads!!

• Darragh507
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22709

Actually although missed the tackle for the first try, clarke was mega. oozed class and calm..

...and i think when really needed and the others looked to him, they had that calm in last few mins.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22710

And that's what we're about! We're on the map now

To Nigel Wray and co. You can stick your fucking chariot up your arse

The following user(s) said Thank You: FACECUTTR, theCulk, Sol_ie, whestisbest

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 9 months ago #22711

wp_rathead wrote: ohh my gawwwddd

Whole team were top notch but special mention to that man Heenan again - different class

Could say was ref was harsh in regards robbies try but iv seen tries similar to Marimons not given so let bygones be bygones..

Roll on next Sat, it be too cheeky to ask for Back to Back wins? i think not - on the lads!!

I honestly believe he's the second best 7 in Ireland atm. If youse all want to chip in to fund my research I will find his Irish granny before the 2014 six nations :P

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
10 years 9 months ago #22712

I don't know if all of you guys are as drained as I am after that but I'd like to say congrats to all of the supporters. We've been through the ringer a few times this season and some fans would have given up the ghost. Let's enjoy this one... reminds us of why we love this game.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life
The following user(s) said Thank You: connolly, Shelflife, Sol_ie

• mary hinge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22714

What a wonderful, wonderful day! Tears streaming down my face at the end. Very very proud of the team, Pat Lam, and all the coaching staff. We shouldn't single anyone out, but Jake Heenan was amazing.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22715

it still has'nt sunk in, Toulouse one of the giants of European Rugby with a home record better than any team, humbled by a Connacht team who played with a never give-up attitude. I'm going to enjoy giving it to all the GAA rugby haters tomorrow in work. I will be at the ground 2 hours before kickoff next weekend to welcome them on the pitch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom

More
10 years 9 months ago #22716

some of the knocks the lads took would put most guys down, Sean Henry was out on his feet after the first 5 minutes, he never looked for any attention from the medics going straight back into contact looking like he was ready to collapse.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22717

So many positives from today. Hard to pick any. Marmion was immense, absolute masterrclass. Craig and mul were superb. Dan, Brett, Robbie, Fionn, Big George. Buckley and Frank Murphy were great off the bench, you would never have thought hey hadn't had much game time this year.

We also have our first unofficial nomination for Player Of The Year: Rodney.

Something else. Just so unbelievably proud of what the lads were able to do today. Lams plan is coming together.

Bring on next week. We're ready.

• Darragh507
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22719

thought buckley was immense when he came on. scrum had some power with the new front row.

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago #22722

So proud of the guys. It kills me I wasn't in France or even in Galway tonight to celebrate it. Wins like this don't happen ofter so lets savour it and look forward to next week.

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

logo