Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Toulouse v Connacht

More
10 years 9 months ago #22632

Connacht 116 105 118
Toulouse 122 105 130

front row weights

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by connachta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22633

he's been off form this season, I'll give you that. But seriously who on the team hasn't. To call him a donkey is just disrespectful.

aithnionn ciarog ciarog eile :P

@The_Culk
The following user(s) said Thank You: connolly, Sol_ie, phatguerilla

More
10 years 9 months ago #22634

connachta wrote: Connacht 116 105 118
Toulouse 122 105 130

front row weights

Sub front row weights...
Connacht 105 104 128
Toulouse 110 90 118

Not so bad :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #22640

Happy with the Connacht selection, although I'd have included POD on the bench ahead of Frank Murphy.

Very excited about the trip now. Heading on the charter tomorrow morning. Looking forward to a couple of days of beer and rugby. Just checked the weather and the description for Sunday is "abundant sunshine" which I'll take. Temperatures will be low, but the beer will help with that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachta

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22651

Heenan, Marmion, Healy, Carr to name but a few. Sorry if I've offended you in any way. Bit strange for you to turn around and call me a donkey as well then, double standards much?

More
10 years 9 months ago #22658

To be fair, Connachtcl, it's very hard to compare an 8 with a back. For what it's worth, big George has not been anywhere some of the levels he reached for us in the last few seasons, but he is a proper 8; carries well, does a lot of donkey work (see what I did there) and is a lineout option too. He's one of the players I'd actually back to put in a mighty shift against Toulouse.

Plus I love him as a bit of a Connacht totem. I ran on to the pitch after Connacht dished out a lovely spanking to Leinster last season, gave ould George a big hug and he lifted me up in the air, saying 'I fucking love Connacht!'

Oh, and I think the Culk was just yanking your chain mate. Welcome on board.

The following user(s) said Thank You: theCulk

• Funk It
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22692

Everyone seems to be keeping pretty quiet about this game so far.

I'm hoping that its a bit of the Ireland v New Zealand scenario whereby everyone was hoping that we could just keep their score down, but after bursting out of the gates it was a game Ireland should have won.

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 9 months ago #22693

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22694

Wow...

• choco128
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22695

BOOM!!!!!

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22696

Should have been more. Ref did everything to give Toulouse the win but we wouldn't let it happen!

More
10 years 9 months ago #22697

That old dread was sinking in as Parks missed the drop goal and then was short on the penalty, but defense was massive on that last series, tackles were being put in by a bunch of tired warriors, Toulose barely made it into Connacht's half. Great turnover to end it.

Of course the same old question remains, can Connacht back this performance up with a win at home in the return fixture?

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile, phatguerilla

More
10 years 9 months ago #22698

:woohoo:

Blooody hell....Winston Churchill, Maggie Thatcher , Duke of Wellington...........we beat you , we beat you!!!

I cannot believe what I have just heard - that's the biggest UPSET ever!!!

Go on Connacht !!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: connolly, Sol_ie

More
10 years 9 months ago #22699

Unbelievable, Lam is God!!!

More
10 years 9 months ago #22700

Normally after a big result I'd say lets see how we get on the next game and we'll see if we are making progress but to hell with all that kind of thing. On an absolute high at the moment. For everyone who has been supporting Connacht through all the bad days this result would nearly bring you to tears. For all the times people have said to me, Connacht are a waste of time, Connacht should be disbanded etc., Connacht has been the butt of every joke over the years. There were times when you just couldn't defend how poor we were but you'd still stick up for your team. Today makes that all worthwhile and proves once again the player in Connacht are plenty good to make it a success. I'm so proud of everyone in the Connacht setup, everyone who has stuck loyally by this team while we were and still are getting hammered by poor sides.

Lets raise the roof next Saturday for the lads. In the glass half empty column, if we had held our composure at the end against Saracens the impossible would be very possible but that's the only negative thought I'll have for today.

We have proven our worth, now lets do it again and again and again and show we are a team to be reckoned with.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connolly, Decadence, Funk It, gaillimhabu, wp_rathead, connachtcl, mican

• Darragh507
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22701

What a game eh!!

What odds on a win?
What odds on all 4 Irish provinces winning this weekend?

Personally I am very very happy for the whole squad, but you know what, I am really happy for Pat Lam, as he has got some serious stick at times.

He made the right changes at the right times. We need to get behind him.

Most players played very well, but for me Marmion again was involved in everything good and to be fair the backrow seemed to have good balance to it. Something we havent always had.

Shane Horgan called it right that the line speed in defence probably won the game for us. but we were very creative too I felt. Some very creative play.

Also delighted for new boys clarke and heenan as at times this season they must have been wondering about their decision to come here.

Now no more of the eddie o sullivan shite!!!!!

logo