Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Toulouse v Connacht

More
10 years 9 months ago #22580

I'd like to see Kearney get the nod at 4.
Create a bit of competition for the jersey. Dropping Muldowney would be harsh but I think Swifty will offer more from the bench.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22582

Gutted not to be making this trip as the last one was such a blast. The lads were brilliant the last time out over there. However, I fear for us this time - rudderless & clueless these days, without any leaders stepping up to the plate.

Still ,let's crack open the cliche bag - its 15 v 15 , anything can happen on the day, it only takes a second to score a try , they can have an off day, they mightn't turn up................nah, even I can't believe these :(

Still the best of luck to the lads and to all travelling over there , enjoy it for what it is ...a fantastic trip to a beautiful (but deadly) rugby loving city :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #22584

Wasrednowgreen wrote: Gutted not to be making this trip as the last one was such a blast. The lads were brilliant the last time out over there. However, I fear for us this time - rudderless & clueless these days, without any leaders stepping up to the plate.

Was full sure you were chatting about the pints up till the end there, now that shelflife is out of the picture.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22585

Heineken Cup Pool 3 Round 3
Toulouse v Connacht Sunday 8th December K/O 16.00(Irish Time)

Connacht travel to Toulouse on Sunday looking to regain some pride after a 43-10 trouncing away to Edinburgh brought a disappointing season to a new low. Connacht have recorded only 2 wins from 11 this season (both against Zebre) and will expect a tough evening against the four time European Cup winners. Having won away to Saracens in round 2 Toulouse will now be targeting an all important home quarter final berth.

Details on Toulouse
www.toulouse-visit.com/

Toulouse Stats
Founded: 1907
Ground: Stade Ernest Wallon
Capacity: 19,500
Captain: Thierry Dusatoir
Coach: Guy Noves

French Top 14 League Position 2013/14: 2nd P:13 Pts:36
2012/13: Position: 3rd P: 26 Pts: 79 (Lost to Toulon 24-9 in the semi-final)
Heineken Cup 2012/13: Pool 2 Position: 2nd P: 6 Pts: 19 (Failed to Progress)
Amlin Challenge Cup 2012/13: Quarters Finalists (Lost 30-19 to Perpignan)

Achievements:
Heineken Cup Winners: 1996, 2003, 2005, 2010 (4 Times)
French Champions: 19 Times
Coupe De l'Espérance: 1916
Challenge Yves Du Manoir: 5 times
French Cup: 1946, 1947, 1984
World Club Championship: 1986

Recent Results
Brive 25-13 Toulouse (Top 14)
Toulouse 14-3 Oyonnax (Top 14)
Grenoble 25-18 Toulouse (Top 14)

Next Fixture:
Friday 21st December 2013 19.35 Toulouse v Begles-Bordeaux @ Stade Ernest-Wallon

Heineken Cup (Pool 3) (Current Standings)
Toulouse 9
Saracens 5
Connacht 5
Zebre 0

Previous Meetings

Saturday 14th January 2012 Heineken Cup Pool 6: Toulouse 24-3 Connacht
www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/2012...8-toulouse_connacht/

Saturday 19th November 2011 Heineken Cup Pool 6: Connacht 10-36 Toulouse
www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/2011...oulouse_heinekencup/

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Borders no.2.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22608

Is the Dail the base for anyone not going over?
Was a class trip the last time but can't make it this time

More
10 years 9 months ago #22611

Only spotted this now (and you've seen the thread in the other post) but yep. You can take it that any televised away game will be hosted in the Dail by the Clan.

Or the Clan will be hosted by the Dail. I can never get the order straight.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22615

15. Robbie Henshaw, 14. Fionn Carr, 13. Eoin Griffin, 12. Dave McSharry, 11. Matt Healy, 10. Dan Parks, 9. Kieran Marmion, 1. Brett Wilkinson, 2. Sean Henry, 3. Nathan White, 4. Mick Kearney, 5. Craig Clarke (capt), 6. John Muldoon, 7. Jake Heenan, 8. George Naoupu,
16. Jason Harris Wright, 17. Denis Buckley, 18. Rodney Ah You, 19. Michael Swift, 20. Eoin McKeon, 21. Frank Murphy, 22. Craig Ronaldson, 23. Gavin Duffy,

15. Clément Poitrenaud, 14. Yoann Huget, 13. Florian Fritz, 12. Yann David , 11. Hosea Gear, 10. Jean-Pascal Barraque, 9. Jano Vermaak, 1. Gurthro Steenkamp, 2. Chiliboy Ralepelle, 3. Census Johnston, 4. Edwin Maka, 5. Yoann Maestri, 6. Yacouba Camara, 7. Thierry Dusautoir (capt), 8. Louis Picamoles ,
16. Jaba Bregvadze, 17. Schalk Ferreira, 18. Yohan Montes, 19. Romain Millo-Chluski, 20. Christopher Tolofua, 21. Jean-Marc Doussain, 22. Lionel Beauxis, 23. Timoci Matanavou,

@The_Culk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom, connolly, menacethedenis

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 9 months ago #22616

Happy with that selection, has anyone seen Toulouse play this season? How are they going in the Top 14?

“I wanna f#*kin' win, I wanna f#*kin' win..............BADLY”

More
10 years 9 months ago #22617

menacethedenis wrote: Happy with that selection, has anyone seen Toulouse play this season? How are they going in the Top 14?

Rubbish away, imperious at home.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachta

More
10 years 9 months ago #22619

Yowsa... They're really not messing around, that's about as good a team as they could have named...

I think it's our best available team too, will be interesting to see how they perform. I'm expecting another huge, but futile, effort.

"Our march is quite slow y'know, when we get to where we want to get to, it's going to take time, but when we get there it's going to be fantastic." - Johnny O'Connor 2013

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22623

Our best team there except for the donkey at 8. Why is McKeon on the bench?!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

More
10 years 9 months ago #22624

connachtcl wrote: Our best team there except for the donkey at 8. Why is McKeon on the bench?!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

McKeon didnt train properly all week

I'm happy with the team, but by God, those players owe us an 80minute performance. They need to show up hungry, and ready to battle for everything.

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

More
10 years 9 months ago #22625

connachtcl wrote: Our best team there except for the donkey at 8. Why is McKeon on the bench?!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Because McKeon couldn't train fully during the week.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtcl

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 9 months ago #22627

menacethedenis wrote: Happy with that selection, has anyone seen Toulouse play this season? How are they going in the Top 14?

Against saracens they wobbled between not very interested to oh merde we can win this throughout the game. Now that they have those away points against Saracens a bp win at home would almost see them home and dry already, or at least allow them to send the seconds over here next week confident in their chances of topping the table.

Happy with the selections I think its as good as we could have hoped. I know I've been calling for Duffy to be benched for most of the season but part of me wonders if he should have been on the wing considering the size of the opposition from 1-15, but especially their backs. Healy and Carr and not especially big or gifted in the tackle. Probably going to see/need a lot of doubling up in the tackles which will create holes for Toulouse to exploit. Parks is another defensive concern, but I would still play him. McShaz/Grif/Henny can all make the hits and they'll be going through a butt load of work this Sunday.

More
10 years 9 months ago #22628

George, a donkey???? Seriously? I mean really?? WTF?

@The_Culk

• connachtcl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #22631

1. Doesn't know how to use his physicality. Unable to run straight, tries to sidestep centres, wingers instead of running through them.
2. Throws ridiculous passes instead of taking the tackle and recycling the ball.
3. Loves to run around with the ball in one hand, how hard is it to put two hands on the ball?
4. Most importantly, he can't control the ball at the base of the scrum, the one job he has at scrum time!!

Fair enough starting him if McKeon hasn't been training, but I think George has been one of our worst players this year. Problem theCulk?

logo