Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Leinster v Connacht Saturday 26th October 18.45

More
10 years 10 months ago #21457

A familiar tune, coming in you'd be happy with a losing bonus point, but the way the game played out you feel it's poor consolation and an opportunity missed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21458

loughney again with a stupid yellow card, how often has he done that in the past. still a gutsy performance

The following user(s) said Thank You: Devils own

More
10 years 10 months ago #21459

You can't blame the ref for that. If we had white and Buckley to bring on there we wouldn't have lost. Ref could have brought the cards out against our scrum earlier.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21460

phatguerilla wrote:

Devils own wrote: Cheated

100% sickened by the last 10 minutes. Foolish by marmion but he had given everything to the team and the ref was killing him and all of us. Took going down to 13 men before Leinster could get the better of Conn. Another moral victory but that's not much comfort.

Totally agree even quinlan saying the ref was dire and he was, 18 -8 penalty count

More
10 years 10 months ago #21461

clanman wrote: loughney again with a stupid yellow card, how often has he done that in the past. still a gutsy performance

I think its pure laziness he doesn't need to do it, he is really causing severe problems to the team when he does it.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21462

I'd be less critical of Loughney than Marmion. The earlier scrum down in Connacht's end had set things in motion, but Marmion was just headless. There was little to gain there. Agree he probably had the better of Reddan, but disappointing end to his night.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21463

RogueXV wrote: I'd be less critical of Loughney than Marmion. The earlier scrum down in Connacht's end had set things in motion, but Marmion was just headless. There was little to gain there. Agree he probably had the better of Reddan, but disappointing end to his night.

I would disagree the scrum was down a man tired and going backwards he thought boss had hand on the ball and i couldnt see if he had. Not overly critical of him, scored a great try aswell.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21464

Jay I need, to go for an ice bath...raging. Soon lads everything comes to those who wait and all that.

More
10 years 10 months ago #21465

The decision of Parks to take the penalty when we were 13-9 ahead was just wrong. I hate saying it, but was screaming at the man. Hitting the post and missing it I can even forgive, but what was the point of just going 7 points up anyways? A draw would have been the best outcome even if he did get it. We were camped on their line, the ref had warned them for constant infringements. That was when we should have gone for the jugular.

Still proud of them...... But feel like crying.

• Borders no.2
  • Borders no.2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago #21466

Of all the games we've let slip over the years that has to rank as one of the most gut wrenching. Rather than the end outcome of the inevitable penalty try we need to look at what really cost us the game. When you perform heroics in defence and earn penalties you need to get your set pieces right and go through a few phases. We got enough reprieves to do that and we didn't. Also Duffy's botched catch gave Leinster the field position. Parks missed penalty at 9-13 was a killer also.

Also coming up to half time we had a lineout on the Leinster 10 metre line and a minute later Leinster had 3 points on the board. Not good enough. Leinster were there to be bet tonight and once again we return west with the usual patronising pats of the back given to us by half wits like Ryle Nugent.

Bottom line though we get to 13 in jig time and approx. 65 minutes later we are still on 13. Won't win many games that way I'm afraid.

Tonight shows once again this team is better than the league table suggests but in the end its only results that matter and the points need to start being accumulated starting next Saturday at home to Glasgow.

• Darragh507
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #21467

so who played well, crap, give us the reviews.....

cant help but feel loughneys career is at a crossroads.....he might end up out of rugby unless he gets his shit together

• Borders no.2
  • Borders no.2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 10 months ago #21468

Devils own wrote: Jay I need, to go for an ice bath...raging. Soon lads everything comes to those who wait and all that.

We said the same thing after the last gasp defeat to Leinster in Bradley's final season. This is the 3rd time in 4 years we should have returned from Dublin with a win and even last year we dominated for 30 minutes but didn't put in on the board and paid the price. These big scalps keep evading us because we don't show the killer instinct.

As with the Saracens game we performed heroically and left it out there but at the crucial times our decision making and execution wasn't what it need to be if we are to take the step forward from gallant losers.

On the positive at least we were gallant losers rather than the jokeshop we witnessed unlike against Treviso and Cardiff.

• mareegoo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #21469

the answer to fullback is darragh leader....henshaw was good enough last ytear and so is

another fine away performance - the italian ref beat us aganist the cardiff blues and so did tonights ref

remember him penalising us in the first half for going over the top and off feet when we had the ball!!! in the second half if you watch leinster they did the same but were they penalised ??!!

im fine with this refereeing if we get the same penalty count at HOME but do we ? Hell no

its gone beyond the joke can we not as a supporters club send a letter to the refs association requesting proper rteferring for our hard earned money spent on our season tickets?

VEXED

More
10 years 10 months ago #21470

We Won tonight. Nothing else to say

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 10 months ago #21471

Darragh507 wrote: so who played well, crap, give us the reviews.....

cant help but feel loughneys career is at a crossroads.....he might end up out of rugby unless he gets his shit together

My impressions...

Great performance from pretty much everyone in the pack except Loughney for that card.

Marmion was super, outplayed reddan by miles imo. Ronaldson improving as a 12, really want to see him at 10 for at least one november game.

Duffy was poor again imo he hasn't had more than an average level game this season, maybe he can be used better from the bench for the next while. Someone else said some of his best performances last season were on the wing and I'd agree. Also would give Leader/TOH/someone else a go.

Overall the performances were quite impressive but certain moments - kicks out on the full, bad line outs, yellows - put unnecessary pressure on back on connacht and kept leinster in it. Also I don't want to blame the ref he was consistently poor for both teams however Connacht didn't try to adapt to him imo.

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by phatguerilla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile, connachta

More
10 years 10 months ago #21472

1) this game is won with an impartial ref
2) our defense is good
3) we desperatly need Buckley and White
4) the last scrum could have entiled a draw if the ref had balls (Leinster prop not tight), coudn't it?
5) Ronaldson is promising
6) Roll on Glasgow!!

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by connachta.

logo