Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Harlequins vs Connacht 12/01/13 13:35 SS1 HD

Poll: Are you going to this game?

Yes
15 65.2%
No
8 34.8%
Total number of voters: 23 ( Mac65, cormac, pinky, Droptheclaw, columoc ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
11 years 8 months ago #13835

What's the deal with Poolman? No mention of him being injured in either the team announcement or the injury update a few days back.

Edit: In the injured list at bottom of website announcement.

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by salmson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 8 months ago #13838

ummm, wrote: CONNACHT (v Harlequins): Robbie Henshaw; Tiernan O'Halloran, Eoin Griffin, David McSharry, Fetu'u Vainikolo; Matthew Jarvis, Kieran Marmion; Denis Buckley, Jason Harris-Wright, Nathan White (capt), Michael Swift, Mike McCarthy, Andrew Browne, Johnny O'Connor, Eoin McKeon.

Replacements: Ethienne Reynecke, Brett Wilkinson, Ronan Loughney, Michael Kearney, Eoghan Grace, Paul O'Donohoe, Miah Nikora, James Loxton.

Big holes appearing. Will be interesting to see how Marmion gets on without Dan's help. I fear a spanking.

Indeed, Jarvis has still got his rookie badge on, at 27 Fet's is the senior statesman in the backs at.

Danny Care will be gobbing off from the start to try and rattle Kieran, so essential that they need to stay composed at all times especially earl on...

More
11 years 8 months ago #13839

its amazing but that team with parks at 10 is a very good team.

without him though!! i shudder at the thought!

even with mia at 10 it looks weak.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13840

Not to mention that with George out we have only 2 lineout options (Macca and Browne).

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 8 months ago #13842

salmson wrote: Not to mention that with George out we have only 2 lineout options (Macca and Browne).

McKeown will be used also, gotta box clever though...

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
11 years 8 months ago #13851

salmson wrote: Not to mention that with George out we have only 2 lineout options (Macca and Browne).

After the last quins game I would imagine/hope they avoid the lineout as much as possible.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13856

Big opportunity for Jarvis to prove himself and earn some more game time in the future. Marmion has played a lot of rugby this season so I'm confident he'll do well as long as the pack holds its own. If they're getting pushed back on top of him he'll be in trouble especially with no George. I hope TOH got the message and will improve the effort accordingly.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13858

3 big losses unfortunately.

Big day for Jarvis. Nikora would have been regarded as a safer choice but Jarvis has to view this as make or break time for him. He has shown in patches he can perform but his general play has been far too inconsistent to make him a serious option. Nobody has nailed down the 2nd choice number 10 jersey. Tomorrow he has to prove his doubters wrong. If not he may have to start looking towards a career at a lower level.

Really just hope to keep this one competitive. They are in good form in front of an expectant home crowd. We need to get to 20 minutes still in contention and take it from there.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 8 months ago #13859

20 mins? I think that the first half will be pretty close, and after that they probably will pull away.
I got the preview up, but it was kinda rushed.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

More
11 years 8 months ago #13863

We should have been playing carty and others for 10-15 mins at every opportunity and be looking to see how they perform on the big stage today, its a lack of foresight that annoys me, I think we all know jarvis will never be our 10 nor will nikora, although i clearly hope jarvis does great today. Loxtan is pretty far away from where we need to be aswell. Lam needs to recruit a couple of big names and throw a few of our best academy guys in at the deep end.

p.s sorry about the change of avatar diom only just noticed it, was trying to buy into the green theme

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Devils own.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13869

It's absolutely killing me not being over there this year. Last year was the most epic 24hrs ever and that's not including the game haha.

I reckon Quins will cover the spread on this one handy enough, it was 18 points last I checked. I just can't see us doing anything near what good rugby we've played this year with Jarvis at 10 unfortunately. All the good rugby we do revolves around Parks. I think Johnny was rushed back. I'd have preferred Grace to start especially after his good showing the last game. George is a massive loss as always. Quin by 20 plus I'm afraid

@The_Culk

More
11 years 8 months ago #13879

3-0 Harlequins after a dubious penalty from our northern friend.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13880

Good pressure from the restart. Jarvis kicks a nice pen. 3-3.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13881

6-3 Harlequins. McKeown off and Swifty in trouble. Scrum looks a bit underpowered now. Doing quite well so far though despite the contributions of Mr. Patterson. Harlequins look dangerous when they get the tempo up.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13882

Story of our season. Good break from TOH but no-one on his right shoulder and can't get the ball away to Griffin on the left.

More
11 years 8 months ago #13883

Don't like to criticize referees, but this lad is a disaster.

logo