Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht vs Biarritz - 07/12/12 Galway SS Red But?

More
11 years 9 months ago #12726

i think the game itself has been well covered by the lads so wont say much other than please give us some consistancy. it doeswnt have to be that high a level of intensity but we need to hit 80-85% of that on a reg basis to win games.

a big shout out to the crowd on friday nite, i thought they were brilliant. the atmosphere was electric and really played its part in creating a wonderful night.

as people know im a member of mrsc and in the build up to big games such as last weekend they regularly post videos of clips of magical crowd moments from previous tp games to build the mood.

imo there are plenty of moments like that to take and use in futyre from fri nites game. the rendition of fields and the connacht to the drum spring to mind.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Megatron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12730

rossie wrote:
as people know im a member of mrsc and in the build up to big games such as last weekend they regularly post videos of clips of magical crowd moments from previous tp games to build the mood.

imo there are plenty of moments like that to take and use in futyre from fri nites game. the rendition of fields and the connacht to the drum spring to mind.

Good idea, anyone have any clips from Friday they'd like to share?

What a night... and what a celebration after... I'm still struggling! Big shout out to the Biarritz fans who are probably the best away supporters I've ever seen at the Sportsground. Absolute class and great craic. Cannot wait to get over there on Friday. The Clan bar looked really well too, kudos to the lads who put in the effort and nice to see the hall of fame pics on the wall.

“I wanna f#*kin' win, I wanna f#*kin' win..............BADLY”

• windsorroberts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12733

I have a clip taken at the Clan Bar if anyone wants it? I've tried to attach it but not sure it will work. If not email me (windsor at godirectmarketing dot co dot uk) and I'll send it on and if anyone can send me your clips I'd appreciate it!

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by windsorroberts.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12738

It's monday ,sun is shining ,birds are singing etc .What a win !!! Well done lads.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12741

Some post match interviews recorded and uploaded to mixcloud by CountFurlo, if anyone is interested!

www.mixcloud.com/countfurlo/

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Megatron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 9 months ago #12748

windsorroberts wrote: I have a clip taken at the Clan Bar if anyone wants it? I've tried to attach it but not sure it will work. If not email me (windsor at godirectmarketing dot co dot uk) and I'll send it on and if anyone can send me your clips I'd appreciate it!

Windsor you can't attach it directly, you'd need to upload it online first (YouTube etc) and then link to it..

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Decadence. Reason: Email address quoted

• windsorroberts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12770

Thanks sea_point

Could you delete the above post as it's got my email address on it and it's been suggested I alter it so it can't be picked up and used for spam?

Cheers

More
11 years 9 months ago #12776

I see Dylan Hartley's been cited again. Must be the Tuesday after a big game or something. On that subject, any citings out of the Connacht Biarritx game?

More
11 years 9 months ago #12783

RTÉ Rugby ‏@RTErugby
Three days after being beaten by Connacht in the Heineken Cup, Biarritz have sacked their head coach Jack Isaac #rterugby

from the irish times

Soul-searching at defeated Biarritz ahead of rematch with Connacht
In this section »
Next week can't come quick enough - Boss
Parks a steady influence on Connacht's young guns
Only the Irish can prevent an Anglo-French carve-up
MARK RODDEN, in Paris

Following a nightmare evening in Galway, Biarritz seem to be in turmoil ahead of this week’s return match against Connacht. Club president Serge Blanco had already criticised the team’s recent performances ahead of the trip to Ireland. And it can only be assumed that another error-filled display in Europe will have done little to improve his mood.

Blanco has been unusually reserved since the defeat, but France’s record try scorer confirmed to Midi Olympique on Sunday that he would be reviewing the situation. “It would be useless to act in haste,” said Blanco. “I’m going to see everyone this week. We’re going to see each other, yes, and talk.”

Blanco does not like to dismiss coaches mid-season but the feeling is that Jack Isaac and Serge Milhas – who reportedly had an hour-long meeting with the Biarritz president yesterday – will not last the current term. After starting the season with four wins from four in the French Top 14, Biarritz’s domestic form has dipped alarmingly since then.

“Terminus à Galway” was how L’Equipe summed up Biarritz’s chances of qualifying, and a disgusted Imanol Harinordoquy agreed. After picking up just five points in three matches, the club captain said their hopes of reaching the knockout stages were “finished.” While also praising Connacht’s performance, he lamented the “debutants” errors his team had made.

Perhaps more damning was the assessment of scrumhalf Dimitri Yachvili. “The orders were to play the ball, to keep possession for as long as we could, to try to put them in difficulty,” he said. “On the field, we only implemented the orders we were given.”

If the suggestion is that the coaching staff have lost the dressing room, Yachvili’s analysis was not a vote of confidence.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by swift4prez.

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12787

On gardening leave until January by the looks of it. Bizarre.

Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque has signed temporary exemption from work with two coaches, Serge Milhas Jack and Isaac. To allow discussions to engage in good conditions, about the situation of sports and BOPB its consequences, coaches agree to be exempted from occupation until January 6, 2013 inclusive. A temporary will be provided initially by Laurent Rodriguez, athletic director BOPB and Rourre Mathieu, director of the training center

Translated via google that's from the Biarritz website

More
11 years 9 months ago #12789

Just heard in the news at one that they have been sacked!

Long time member, short time poster

More
11 years 9 months ago #12790

irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2012/1211/1224327758048.html

Gardening leave it is.

Athletic director Laurent Rodriguez and director of the training centre Mathieu Rourre will take temporary charge

Paddy Power have slashed the handicap from 15 points to 14 as a result.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by pinky.

• Creedence
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12791

Looks like Serge has kicked some ass. Going by what Yachvili said we could be seeing the players calling the shots on Friday. This could go either way, but overall it looks like bad news for us.

• ConnachtCows
  • ConnachtCows's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12792

Im not sure how it will work in rugby, but in soccer, I hate playing a team just after a coach has been fired. The players always seem more up for it

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12793

The team announcement will tell us if they are going to push hard for second spot in the pool or if they are going to give up on the competition and focus on the Top 14.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by menacethedenis. Reason: Potential Diplomatic incident

• Creedence
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12794

menacethedenis wrote: The team announcement will tell us if they are going to push hard for second spot in the pool or if they are going to give up on the competition and focus on the Top 14.

From what Serge Blanco had to say, it sounds like they will be going balls out for 5 points on Friday. He said their season wasn't finished and the move was needed to regenerate them in order to qualify.

logo