Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht vs Biarritz - 07/12/12 Galway SS Red But?

More
11 years 9 months ago #12585

Were looking forward to this, Well with all the injuries it does weaken us but what the hell lets rip into them. Ive always felt that Biaritz do tend to leave some games behind them. If you can sit on Yachvilli and we have to hold our own in the forwards.
Id always rate Toulouse as a far greater side.
Rain the ball down on Balshaw I say

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12586

from erc site.

onnacht Rugby
15Robbie Henshaw
14Tiernan O'Halloran
13Danie Poolman
12Dave McSharry
11Fetu'u Vainikolo
10Dan Parks
9Kieran Marmion
1Brett Wilkinson
2Jason Harris Wright
3Ronan Loughney
4Mick Kearney
5Mike McCarthy
6Andrew Browne
7Willie Faloon
8Eoin McKeon

16Ethienne Reynecke
17Dennis Buckley
18JP Cooney
19Danny Qualter
20Johnny O'Connor
21Paul O'Donohoe
22Miah Nikora
23Matthew Jarvis

Nervous Connemara for BO?
Biarritz Olympique faces Friday (21h) Connacht, the only Irish province he has never met. Only victory will be beautiful, if possible enhanced.

Which is based on the European experience of club, its staff or the fitness of the current team, everything seems clear the logical favorites Biarrots as this first round to face Connacht.
The Irish are only their second test run in the Heineken Cup, unceremoniously removed last year from the group stage. The Basques yet wary of an opponent against Toulouse which had been deprived of the offensive bonus Sportsground. Better or worse, the Harlequins had even lost (9-8).

In short, it is never easy to go win in Galway, Ireland or elsewhere, which is BO income once the winner. It was in January 2006, after a successful Ulster (24-9).

And it would be well advised to repeat the performance, lest irreversibly Harlequins - apriori true opponent for qualification - escape the standings. To reassure them, Biarrots can still note that the Connacht lost last Saturday at home against Edinburgh (24-23).

Hope for a final face Londoner end of January, the mission of the BO, and they accept it, will win both games against the Irish. She will not Jerome Thion, Arnaud Heguy slightly affected, nor Dane Haylett-Petty, a groin surgery.

But Jack Issac can count on the return of Imanol Harinordoquy and based on trust built up by two wins in a row (after six defeats!) To fetch a third in Galway

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 9 months ago #12588

Windsor, pop into the Xmas market first if you like. I know I won't be into OCs until about 9, and there will be some finger food from 9:30 as well.

Re: lineup - If McCarthy is definitely back then that is brilliant for us. We were missing organisation on the field against Edinburgh and our line was terrible because of it. Not sure how good Macca is at barking out orders but he needs to tomorrow if we are going to produce a decent defensive display.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 9 months ago #12589

Swift on Rabo Site

It says

But they will have to do so without the injured Swift, who is joined on the sidelines by captain Gavin Duffy, John Muldoon, Eoin Griffin and George Naoupu - while stand-in captain Nathan White is a major doubt with a calf injury.

I thought that he was definitely out. :unsure:

A Connacht is for Life

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 9 months ago #12593

Diom wrote: Swift on Rabo Site

It says

But they will have to do so without the injured Swift, who is joined on the sidelines by captain Gavin Duffy, John Muldoon, Eoin Griffin and George Naoupu - while stand-in captain Nathan White is a <strong>major doubt</strong> with a calf injury.

I thought that he was definitely out. :unsure:

They said in the interview on Monday that Macca, Ethienne and Nathan were all being tested this week

Gav - 4-6 Wks (Grade 2 Tear)
Nathan - Only Hopeful, he was being tested on Tuesday
Macca - Positive - Tested on Tuesday
Ethienne - Fairly positive - Tested on Tuesday
Swifty - 4 Wks - Abductor Muscle Tear
Mul - January - Medial Ligament

No detail:

Rodney
Griff
Flav

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom

More
11 years 9 months ago #12598

Hope McCarthy is fully fit. That's a fairly lightweight second row and Eoin McKeon isn't the heaviest either...

More
11 years 9 months ago #12602

thats as good a team as could have been expected. swifty, white and gearge will be
a loss.
on the glass half full side the pack should be very mobile around the park and to the breakdown. if they can survive in the scrum they hsve a chance. id worry about last 10 min if we are still in game as qualter and copney arent tedted at any decent level yet. scrums could be really ropey during this period. heres hoping tho.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 9 months ago #12604

Good point Rossie. Bench is a bit light-weight alright, JOC and Rennie are the only ones I'm 100% okay with replacing the starting players.

A Connacht is for Life

More
11 years 9 months ago #12612

Diom wrote: Windsor, pop into the Xmas market first if you like. I know I won't be into OCs until about 9, and there will be some finger food from 9:30 as well.

Are many going in tonight? I'll try to get in for one or two after pretending to do some Christmas shopping.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12613

pinky wrote:

Diom wrote: Windsor, pop into the Xmas market first if you like. I know I won't be into OCs until about 9, and there will be some finger food from 9:30 as well.

Are many going in tonight? I'll try to get in for one or two after pretending to do some Christmas shopping.

ill be there about 8. if anyone spots me on my own, looking into my pint of heineken come over and say hello.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 9 months ago #12614

I'll be in an ShaneS and PatC will be in as well. I won't be there till about half 8 though.

One group of 36 fans has been delayed by 5 hours so will not make it in. Another group of 24 are in the country already though so they should be in as well, but we cannot know for sure as our contact was traveling with the delayed group.
Anyways will be there.

Also... Match Preview is up.

A Connacht is for Life
The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander

More
11 years 9 months ago #12622

Not sure if it's been pointed out elsewhere, but it looks like the game isn't on telly - well, not on Sky Sports in Ireland anyway. According to their site, it's online only (sky sports xtra). I'm going anyway so it doesn't bother me :-)

• ConnachtCows
  • ConnachtCows's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12627

RonanL wrote: Not sure if it's been pointed out elsewhere, but it looks like the game isn't on telly - well, not on Sky Sports in Ireland anyway. According to their site, it's online only (sky sports xtra). I'm going anyway so it doesn't bother me :-)

I clicked on Sky Bet earlier, and it had it listed as been covered on the red button.
I wouldnt take that as gospel though

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 9 months ago #12630

Biggest thing tomorrow night will be leadership, up front the likes of Macca & Brett have to step up to the plate and get and keep the guys going. Parks needs to be 100% on his game also, not worried about his leadership of the backs at all. But we need to go out and play our rugby, trying to avoid losing will I fear end up with a hammering for us...

More
11 years 9 months ago #12631

So was everyone out meeting the Biarritz fans? Practically no one was at the presentation in the Carlton. Ye missed a lot

@The_Culk

More
11 years 9 months ago #12633

theCulk wrote: So was everyone out meeting the Biarritz fans? Practically no one was at the presentation in the Carlton. Ye missed a lot

Could you fill us in a little? Couldn't make it tonight

logo