Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht vs Biarritz - 07/12/12 Galway SS Red But?

More
11 years 9 months ago #12635

There was only about 20 there. Very good presentation. Basically covered what's been going on since the induction of the PGB and detailing the what the plan is without specifics if you get me. Stuff like ticketing, marketing, match day experience, funding, academy. Eric gave a very good speech too.

@The_Culk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Porterbelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ConnachtCows
  • ConnachtCows's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12639

Come on Connacht :woohoo:

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• Creedence
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12640

Something that is really beginning to grate with me is the ill-informed notion in the media that the Connacht will be praying for the weather to turn nasty, as if that suits our game and its our only hope. The RTE guy on Morning Ireland today being a classic case.

Good to see that there are at least some out there they aren't all bone lazy journo's and some prepared to look behind the stereotype.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/heineken-cup/elwood-pumps-up-depleted-connacht-for-mustwin-clash-3318504.html

The forecast is for a clear night and, given the talent Connacht have behind the scrum, that is no bad thing. They will need big displays from the rising stars surrounding captain Dan Parks if they are to get a historic result. Elwood's men will give absolutely everything they have, but this one looks beyond them.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Creedence.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12643

Couldn't make it last night as will be out the next two nights

Are we all still hungover :sick: to give an account of the night? :P

• ConnachtCows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12644

What time are people heading up to the Sportsground at?
I only get back to Galway at 7, and want a couple of sneaky pints in O'Connells before I head along. I think I should be able to squeeze up to my normal spot, if I get there for 7:45

• coacheygalway
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12645

Nothing to fear today Biarritz only won 1 game away from home this season and that was back in August with that record they are bound to be fragile travelling here, A good start is a must and if we can compete in the scrum and get a few lucky breaks we could get a famous win tonight, Time to front up and rise up

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
11 years 9 months ago #12646

coacheygalway wrote: Nothing to fear today Biarritz only won 1 game away from home this season and that was back in August with that record they are bound to be fragile travelling here, A good start is a must and if we can compete in the scrum and get a few lucky breaks we could get a famous win tonight, Time to front up and rise up

Would love to be able to match your optimism but I've been burnt too recently! :D Connacht will be seriously underpowered compared to our best starting team and Biarritz have Yachvili and Hardinordiquay back. Biarritz won the Amlin last year so they must have put a performance or two together away from home last year, you don't automatically forget how to do that even if they have have had poor away form up to now.
However I'm still hoping it will be a great game and those players filling in for starters really show what they're made of.

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12647

We have every chance given Biarritz's form this season but a good start and discipline throughout are absolutely vital. Riddled with nerves already, hurry up 8 o'clock!!

“I wanna f#*kin' win, I wanna f#*kin' win..............BADLY”

• ConnachtCows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12648

3 more hours of work, then 3 hours travelling, then 30 minutes drinking, and then on to the Sportsground. Cant wait.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12649

gaillimhabu wrote: Couldn't make it last night as will be out the next two nights

I left early (10) and we had no Basque faithful by that stage. They main group were delayed so weren't out at all. There was another group but they weren't due in til later. Did they make it?

This talk of delayed flights is filling me with dread for next week.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12650

pinky wrote:

gaillimhabu wrote: Couldn't make it last night as will be out the next two nights

I left early (10) and we had no Basque faithful by that stage. They main group were delayed so weren't out at all. There was another group but they weren't due in til later. Did they make it?

This talk of delayed flights is filling me with dread for next week.

i got in at 9 and main bar packed, back room empty but was kept for some party. i went outside the back and there were about 5 french fans there.

pinky i think you were standing next to me, i over heard you talking about flights and snow. you were in a group of 4 or so. i was the loner sitting down with the homeless guy kept going up to me talking crap :ohmy:

i left about 10, place was much much quieter. i was disappointed to be honest, though there would someone talking, taking the piss out of the french and visa versa. banter wise.

i heard great things about the meet up with quins fans in buskers before so was expecting more.
last night was more of a busy pub rather then gathering imo.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 9 months ago #12651

I went in around 9 to see if anyone had come along, but I just found Clan members. The main group in fairness would have been there except for their delayed flight. I has a work xmas party as well so I went back to that at that stage.
It's no problem though, we will hopefully meet up with them in the Clan Bar pre-match instead.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

More
11 years 9 months ago #12652

swift4prez wrote: i over heard you talking about flights and snow

yep, that sounds like the kind of stimulating conversation I am renowned for amongst the intelligentsia

More
11 years 9 months ago #12653

I am very very excited for this game.

Kick off time can not come quick enough. A few drinks before to settle the nerves will have to be had.

C'MON CONNACHT

NOBODY'S PERFECT
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by _nobody_.

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12654

If anyone finds a stream, let me know!

Justice 4 Faruk

More
11 years 9 months ago #12655

Anyone onto a stream?

Looks like Vainikolo has brought his international form with him, scoring a try.

7-6 to Connacht after Yachvilli finally connects after sandwiching a Park's miss with two of his own.

logo