Search Our Site

Topic-icon Aironi v Connacht - 07/01/12

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 8 months ago #4389

At this rate we have no one to drop them for.

These guys are capable of so much more, and they have shown that before. Bad coaching.

Justice 4 Faruk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4390

Would actually be a crime if they had gotten anything out of this game.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4391

george is no where what he used to be. henry and fetuu showed bits for what they can do in games. start both next game.

line out shit

More
12 years 8 months ago #4392

Absolutely terrible, players and management can have no excuses :angry:

More
12 years 8 months ago #4393

Bergamasco, Gueldenhys, Perugini come off the bench today for Aironi

Maguire, Buckley and McKeon for us.

That sums up where we're at.

I feel sorry for the McCarthy's and Muldoon's, because it just isn't possible to keep reproducing. Even TOH looks jaded.

Tired bodies and tired minds.

Toulouse away next week could be car crash tv

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 8 months ago #4394

There was a car crash in Japan recently involving eight ferraris.

Next week won't be nearly as entertaining.

Justice 4 Faruk

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #4395

Just when you think it can't get any worse...it does. Aironi??? What a disgrace.

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 8 months ago #4396

Should it be such a surprise, though?

We were the only team to lose to them last year, and they have won more games this year. They beat Treviso at home, which is more than we can say. We were poor, incredibly poor, but they deserve some credit.

Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by ummm,.

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 8 months ago #4397

Oh, and last thing... We never win when we wear white shorts!

(not that we're winning in black ones that much, either...)

Justice 4 Faruk
The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #4398

Was just thinking...they couldn't have come up with the new slogan -- "FRONT UP RISE UP" -- at a worse time. This was the year they needed to do exactly that to build on the momentum of Leinster's gift of propelling us into the HEC, and they've barely shown an ounce of what that slogan implies.

Shall we bring "Your Province, Your Team" back at this stage?

More
12 years 8 months ago #4399

Someone on the FaceBook site wrote:

Front Up, Rise Up, Throw Up!

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #4400

Make no mistake about it...I still support this team and will continue to show up at The Sportsground, but it would be nice believing our team had even a glimmer of hope of winning some of these games as we shell out our hard-earned money to show our support.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4401

Absolute farce. Basically the game was over within 20 minutes due to our own ineptitude and indiscipline, some of the stuff that happened out there today was unforgivable.

Aironi are a like us a very poor side, they rely on the mistakes of other teams to keep them in games and we obliged by making it very easy for them, mindless penalties, failing to deal with any up and under kicks, tacklers going missing at vital stages, mistake after mistake on any front foot ball. Must have been a dozen knock ons in the opening stages.

All we had to do in the first half was keep the patience, go through the phases, these lads ship buckets of trys most weeks, carry the ball in their 22 and work an opening but between players going for glory themselves, some dreadful passing, trying to force the issue with passes that aren't on. Also whats with not competing in the lineout in their 22 after Gav had pinned them back, they still made 10-15 metres from the lineout so we weren't organising our defence.

I'm fed up of hearing stuff saying we aren't far away, our squad isn't big enough. Today had nothing to do with budget, squad size, we were an indisciplined joke of a side, who were unable to string a handful of phases together.

There is some good individual players in this side but overall there is no structure, leadership, discipline and no evidence of a game plan.

If Connacht were a proper club there would at least be questions asked at this stage about the setup but as we saw with Michael Bradley he had to step away from the job himself despite 4 and a half seasons of failure before then. There is no accountability within the Connacht setup. There is no goals to be met on the pitch it seems.

This is Elwoods 2nd season and people will say give him time, but he was in the previous failed management team, his recruitment has proven disastrous, our best players from last season would prefer to play against the likes of Esher in front of 50-100 people than stay with Conancht. We are only going further backwards.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Breifne

More
12 years 8 months ago #4402

11 mins leinster up 14-0
shows how far were behind

• seanin4711
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #4403

embarrassing!!!
no season ticket for me next year unless DRASTIC changes happen.
I am disgusted by the lack of gameplan by the backroom staff(many who have been there way way too long eg bradley era !) :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
nuff said!

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by seanin4711.

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #4404

seanin4711 wrote: no season ticket for me next year unless DRASTIC changes happen.

I'd say there are a few thousand who are thinking along the same lines at this point, and I can't blame you. I'm on the fence regarding our two season tickets now myself... :(

logo