Search Our Site

Topic-icon Scarlets v Connacht; 30th March 2014 - 14:05 RTE

• swift4prez
  • swift4prez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #25753

After been over on the Scarlets forum looking, im very excited for this game.
They seem to be very disappointed about how badly they played in Glasgow.
Last week @furlo has his injure update on a tuesday, it being bank holiday monday. Im starting to think that it being rest day (day after match) it might be tomorrow till we heard from him.

Possibly down another hooker, id be very nervous about Hefferan starting, his darts arent good enough yet which would be a problem setting up mauls. is there any chance we could pick up a hooker somewhere? McSharry went of and never came back, so that another problem.

this is from the scarlets site:

Prop Samson Lee,
full-back Liam Williams,
centre Olly Barkley and
lock Joe Snyman picked up knocks in a physical encounter at Scotstoun, while head coach Simon Easterby will hope to welcome back Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland for Sunday's clash with Connacht at Parc y Scarlets.

anyone out there can conform when was the last time we won while on RTE?

The following user(s) said Thank You: phatguerilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 5 months ago #25754

I agree Heffernan's throwing can improve but did he miss that many, I thought it was only two? I agree with the overall point I don't think we'll get as many chances against Scarlets.

BBC were drooling over our lineout technique and holding the jumper in the air, our lighter second row has found its niche. The Scarlets scrum will be a different prospect, would consider starting Swift for bulk. Also apparently Rodney has made 17 appearances in the rabo this year, joint with Marmion and Parks (and Copeland) at the top. We all knew he'd improved but I hadn't realised quite how central he's become. Also a little shocked Parks hasn't had a game off? :S

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #25760

Yeah we got 12 from 14 so I wouldn't be to worried about Heffernan. It looks like Rael will be getting his first start this season. (Glad for him). Can't see us making many changes except injuries will interesting to see who goes in at 12 probably Ronaldson. This is winnable.

P.S. Who would have though Heffernan and Masterson would be the two break outs from the academy this season?

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

More
10 years 5 months ago #25766

connachtexile wrote: Yeah we got 12 from 14 so I wouldn't be to worried about Heffernan. It looks like Rael will be getting his first start this season. (Glad for him). Can't see us making many changes except injuries will interesting to see who goes in at 12 probably Ronaldson. This is winnable.

P.S. Who would have though Heffernan and Masterson would be the two break outs from the academy this season?

Rael fully recovered??

And no, probably Griff 12, Henshaw 13, TOH or Leader 15, Poolman or Healy 23 , Ronaldson 22 to cover 10 and 12

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by connachta.

More
10 years 5 months ago #25768

watched Scarlets playing a few times over the last 3 months and i think we'll struggle to beat them, if harris-wright and mcsharry were fit i'd have different opinion.

More
10 years 5 months ago #25769

Scarlets have tended to rip us to shreds over there because they just played at a pace we can't match. This will be a big worry given Faloon and Heenan on the flanks would have been ideal here to match this. Also, we need to start Healy next week, our backline will need to show alot more. Dan didn't get much moving at all. Our back 5 in the pak, for all the great set piece work and mauling they have done in recent weeks, look one paced when the game opens up. And this is what tends to happen in Llanelli

Henshaw v Davies will be interesting. Parks v Priestland could be a mismatch

Very worried about hooker. Nor problem with Heff starting but I'm pretty sure Rael is injured and Henry is out for the season. Hopefully JHW pulls through, his darts have been fantastic.

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Porterbelly.

More
10 years 5 months ago #25777

From Times:

Connacht’s fourth Pro12 victory in a row has come at a price with Dave McSharry (concussion), Andrew Browne (elbow) and Eoghan Masterson (broken nose) now a doubt for Sunday’s trip to Llanelli.

More
10 years 5 months ago #25778

Well done to the whole pack great result and I was very pleased to see Masterson and Heffernan put in more good displays, with a bit of a cupboard clean next year and one or two real high quality imports along with trusting a few more of our academy players we will be getting close. I thought our backline made little impact however so that needs addressing and lam has to find us a gem of a 10 somewhere (easier said than done).

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Devils own.

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #25784

but I'm pretty sure Rael is injured

Didn't realise Rael was injured. Bugger :(

Connacht’s fourth Pro12 victory in a row has come at a price with Dave McSharry (concussion), Andrew Browne (elbow) and Eoghan Masterson (broken nose) now a doubt for Sunday’s trip to Llanelli.

This makes it even worse. Is George fit? What about Gilsenan?

• galway_gas
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #25785

What about Aaron Conneely? He's been playing for Corinthians recently. I wonder if he's on Pats naughty list for some reason?

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #25786

Didn't realise he was back. I don't think he's ready for the first team yet but we'll have to see. Muldoon could play 7 at a pinch but based on his recent stunning form I'd like him to stay at 6.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wp_rathead

More
10 years 5 months ago #25787

Aaron Conneely is injured. Hamstring

More
10 years 5 months ago #25788

JHW wasn't mentioned by the Times so hopefully he got green light?

Think Conor Gilsenan still out with ankle injury

Can see Swify and Aly in second row, backrow of Kearney, Mul and McKeon..

Maybe Dave Nolan will get spot on bench? He been playing well for Wegians apparently

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• connachtexile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 years 5 months ago #25789

Maybe Dave Nolan will get spot on bench? He been playing well for Wegians apparently

I'd doubt it. It's to big a game to essentially throw on a debutant.

• Funk It
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #25808

wp_rathead wrote: Maybe Dave Nolan will get spot on bench? He been playing well for Wegians apparently

I would love to see it, he has never given up coming back from 2 injuries.

• phatguerilla
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
10 years 5 months ago #25827

FWIW...

I'm sure others have noticed this already but Scarlets are only ahead of us by one win and a draw, so they're hardly steaming ahead. We have the exact same amount of tries for, but we have a better tries against record than them. Overall they have a better points difference, but we've had 3 TBP wins to 1, and 5 LBP each. This should be a really tight match, Scarlets obviously have home advantage but after that it would seem like there's very little to separate the two teams.

logo