Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Osprey v Connacht Thread - Sat 27th Oct 12, 14:30

More
11 years 10 months ago #11427

connachtexile wrote: You gotta figure Leader is going to be targeted by the Ospreys as its his first game. It says in the article that Leader was newly signed up to the academy. Isn't the 3 month trial for player's like Alex O'Meara over? Does anyone know if anymore new guys got signed up to the academy?

Ospreys took a beating last week so will be on vengeful mood. They picked a strong team against us so will be a tough game. Good to see Poolman fit.

Forgot about dannie boy! throw him into the mix at centre and we have a tasty developing backline. Only way leader will learn so if he has a tough game it will stand to him throw the guys in early let then prove themselves we guys are miles behind the southern countries their guys are hardened vets by 22-23 we need to stop this tripe of waiting till i guy is 27-28 before thinking of him as a regular. We think of guys like paul marshell or fitzpatrick in ulster as newbies they are 29 and 27 respectively its sheer madness and such a complete waste

The following user(s) said Thank You: salmson, connachtexile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11428

Marmion played against the best scrum half in England last week and will be playing against the best one in Wales tomorrow. Have been really impressed with Fotuali'i and Bigger has made massive strides towards claiming the 10 shirt for the Taffs this season.

Glad Adam Jones is not playing anyway hopefully we can target them up front and keep their backs out of the game, though think we will really miss Macca tomorrow.

As ever just hope we are still in contention come the last 20 mins and hopefully we can sneak a point or two.

Does anyone know of any radio coverage for tomorrow as we're not looking good for a stream?

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 10 months ago #11447

I don;t think that we'll have much of advantage up front to be fair.

Anyway I got the preview up.

If anyone has some more insight to contribute on the Ospreys team I would appreciate it. I haven't seen much of them this season so I hadn't much to say.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

More
11 years 10 months ago #11448

Is there no coverage at all even a stream somewhere?

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Devils own.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
11 years 10 months ago #11449

Nope... not as far as I can see. Not even S4C.

Not even sure that GBFm are covering it. Will update one way or the other as soon as I hear from them.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

More
11 years 10 months ago #11452

Diom wrote: Nope... not as far as I can see. Not even S4C.

Not even sure that GBFm are covering it. Will update one way or the other as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks..God looking at tv schedule thats terrible lots of connacht matches with no coverage thats not good, TG4 where are you

More
11 years 10 months ago #11458

If Connacht's new look back line can hold up defensively then this could be a good game. The Osprey's obviously have their internationals and a good half back pairing, but they have proven they can be rather ordinary at times so Connacht shouldn't go in there conceding defeat.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11463

Ospreys look strong on paper, they'll be looking to get a 5 pointer out of this. I think we have taken the right option here in freshening it up a bit, looking at the upcoming fixtures there is some very winnable games coming up and it'll be good to have batteries recharged for them.

You'd worry about Leader at 15, have seen him at 10 and 12 but don't think I've seen him at 15, hopefully he'll have a good game. Good to see another local lad getting a chance.

Apart from that not wild at seeing George back in the 2nd row but it gives Eoin McKeown another start which is a positive. Hopefully Harris-Wright can put his name forward tomorrow. With Reynecke out this is a good opportunity for him.

Hopefully Poolman will get on at some stage.

Strong performance is the minimum objective. Any points would be most welcome.

The following user(s) said Thank You: wp_rathead

More
11 years 10 months ago #11471

agreed borders. anything out of this one will be a bonus! pardon the pun.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11474

Borders no.2 wrote:
You'd worry about Leader at 15, have seen him at 10 and 12 but don't think I've seen him at 15, hopefully he'll have a good game. Good to see another local lad getting a chance.

Great to have a coach like Elwood not afraid to throw in the young lads- Kidney take note
Leader will have Parks on the field with him, which cannot be underestimated
Mata and Henshaw in midfield could be a juicy combo aswell- hopefully Mata and Fetu'u carry their form from thge Quins game- was very impressed with Mata in that game and it was Vainikolo's best performance I'v seen in Connacht jersey

Borders no.2 wrote: Apart from that not wild at seeing George back in the 2nd row but it gives Eoin McKeown another start which is a positive. Hopefully Harris-Wright can put his name forward tomorrow. With Reynecke out this is a good opportunity for him.

Hopefully Poolman will get on at some stage.

Strong performance is the minimum objective. Any points would be most welcome.

Aye, not a fan of George in 2nd row either but, as you say, McKeon is an exciting player and more senior gametime the better
I wish Poolman was fit enough to start as TOH seems pretty fatigued, I know he was an injury concern before the Quins game, could have done with the rest

this game on GBFM?

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
11 years 10 months ago #11475

wp_rathead wrote: this game on GBFM?

No wp, only updates. cant find a link anywhere, any ideas anyone?

More
11 years 10 months ago #11476

both scrums a mess, 3 scrums 3 penalty.
ospreys better. 7-0 to ospreys.
17 mins gone

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
11 years 10 months ago #11477

ospreys leading by 7, walker try converted by biggar 18mins gone i believe.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11478

Not live anywhere but 0 7 to ospreys after fifteen minutes

Long time member, short time poster

More
11 years 10 months ago #11479

Tircoed ‏@Tircoeds
Ref penalises hanno for competing for ball ... conn going for the three and he gets it, osp 7-3 conn, good kick by parks
Expand Reply Retweeted Favorite

• micktreacy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • onwards and upwards!
More
11 years 10 months ago #11480

7-3 penalty awarded to leader, parks perfect boot. fafita gone injured poolman on. 32 mins gone

The following user(s) said Thank You: rossie

logo