Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon scarlet visitors

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #9162

RonanL wrote:

kcreg wrote: we are staying in carlton hotel,think its a bit out of the centre,will have a bus in to centre

In that case I'd recommend the hunstman - nice bar that does food, child friendly, and the closest one to the ground.

And then send the kids home in a taxi after the game, and follow the crowd towards the City Center and go drinking for the evening :P

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kcreg
  • kcreg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 weeks ago #9176

good thinking there,i'll send the wife and boy back to hotel!!!

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #9183

RonanL wrote:

kcreg wrote: we are staying in carlton hotel,think its a bit out of the centre,will have a bus in to centre

In that case I'd recommend the hunstman - nice bar that does food, child friendly, and the closest one to the ground.

From the Carlton you're only a 15 minute walk to the Sportsground, and you pass The Huntsman en-route. From there you're less than five minutes away from the ground.

Google Map of Traditional Marching Route B) - http://goo.gl/maps/SnbV3

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9261

hi all,anybody know what time the ticket office is open till,i'm thinking of purchasing our match tickets for the scarlets game,on the friday afternoon,when i get to galway

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9263

The office is usually open until about 5.
If you want to drop them an email, just to confirm, try this lad eoin *at* cbirfu.com

www.connachtrugby.ie/contact-us/connacht-rugby

He should be able to let you know

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9270

thanks all,really looking forward to the trip now

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 weeks ago #9319

which would be the best stand for us??i like the terrace,but dont think my son would be able to see game.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9389

If i were you i would buy for the Clan Terrace and go to the furthest end of the terrace when you enter the ground. If the weather is good you can go on to the bohermore terrace at that end where your son can see unimpeded but if raining that end of Clan terrace should still be okay for him. Another big advantage for him is he can autograph hunt easily at the dressing rooms from that end, there are toilets there also.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9419

rossie wrote: If i were you i would buy for the Clan Terrace and go to the furthest end of the terrace when you enter the ground. If the weather is good you can go on to the bohermore terrace at that end where your son can see unimpeded but if raining that end of Clan terrace should still be okay for him. Another big advantage for him is he can autograph hunt easily at the dressing rooms from that end, there are toilets there also.

Yeah, the clan is the place to go. You could sit him on one of the metal barriers, and he'll be able to see fine. Enjoy.

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #9814

just had a look and o'connells & the skeff look lovely pubs fair play,so i think we will defo pay them a visit,thanks for all the info folks,see you saturday,martin & family

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 1 week ago #9826

kcreg wrote: just had a look and o'connells & the skeff look lovely pubs fair play,so i think we will defo pay them a visit,thanks for all the info folks,see you saturday,martin & family

No shortage of decent Pubs with good music and great Craic in Galway Martin, only problem will be if (like myself) you're not a keg beer fan options are thin on the ground...

Not much by way of cask ale round them thar parts, closest is a couple of Irish Craft Beers or of course do a "when in Rome".. ;)

Moderators: pinky
logo