Search Our Site

Topic-icon Scarlets away, Llanelli, Fri Oct 4th 2024, 19:35

• biffo77
  • biffo77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 4 days ago #70155

pinky wrote: First up (excluding the day trip to Thomond) is Scarlets on Oct 4th. I booked the Travelodge. It's been a while since I sampled the delights of Lllanelli! It'll be a one nighter, but might go somewhere else on the Saturday..

I've booked the Premier Inn beside the stadium, so I can avoid the joys of Llanelli town center after the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 12 hours ago #70157

Might be joining you with our Italian Attache in Llanelli. Trying to convince him 1 night in Llanelli is too much B)

More
1 month 5 hours ago #70160

That's why I have booked a place in Carmarthen. No great shakes either but there are a couple of nice pubs with decent value rooms to shorten the walk home.
I have a backup Travelodge in Llanelli though in case no-one else is convinced of the merits of my plan. The Boar's Head might be no craic on my own.

• biffo77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 4 hours ago #70161

ShaneM wrote: Might be joining you with our Italian Attache in Llanelli. Trying to convince him 1 night in Llanelli is too much B)

As they told us a few years ago, the best place to go out in Llannelli is Wind St, Swansea.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneM

• biffo77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 month 4 hours ago #70162

pinky wrote: That's why I have booked a place in Carmarthen. No great shakes either but there are a couple of nice pubs with decent value rooms to shorten the walk home.
I have a backup Travelodge in Llanelli though in case no-one else is convinced of the merits of my plan. The Boar's Head might be no craic on my own.

I’m not getting ferry this time, last last train is 1230 ish, you’ll make that, hopefully.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #70179

Rail disruption that weekend. Getting there should be fine but your Saturday hangover will feature a bus.
www.nationalrail.co.uk/engineering-works...carmarthen-20241005/

The following user(s) said Thank You: biffo77

• biffo77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
23 hours 57 minutes ago #70224

pinky wrote: Rail disruption that weekend. Getting there should be fine but your Saturday hangover will feature a bus.
www.nationalrail.co.uk/engineering-works...carmarthen-20241005/

just great, at least rail replacement should be faster than public bus to Swansea!

Moderators: pinky
logo