Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Lyon away, Matmut Stadium de Gerland, Sat Jan 13th 2024, 14:00

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 months 5 days ago #69558

All booked x 2....

Hotel: Hotel des Celestins, smaller more tradtional charracter hotel right beside Le Célestins, Théâtre de Lyon. Just across the Seine from Vieux Lyon (Old town with loads of eating options and bars)

Seats: Tribune SERFIM TRIBUNE • SERFIM Block - E • SERFIM ENTRANCE Door • Access E • Row G (not that many clusters of seats left around G & H rows...

Possible Bar Option: The Shamrock, it's on Rue Saint Catherine - maps.app.goo.gl/2ZLmP8V52yaMLt6d9
Open 6pm to 2/3am depending on evening, and close to cheap/quick food options too.
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068845152360

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #69609

ShaneM wrote: Some of our Advanced Recon Team reported back on Lyon and highly recommended the "Boston Tavern" as a great spot for drinks, and also late drinks :P
Will keep on looking to see what other watering holes could be good as a Clan Base..... So many pubs in Lyon to choose from :woohoo:

Boston Tavern Location

If anyone has some recommendations for Pubs in Lyon, please leave them below....

around Bellacour or in Vieux Lyon areas will have lots of bistro and bars
food wise, at Bellacour, Tony's or Cafe Francais are good, and a re few mins stroll from metro.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean74, ShaneM

More
10 months 6 days ago #69634

Heads up if anyone has booked the Mercure it might do no harm to check the prices again. The hotel are doing a 25% discount now so you can cancel and rebook and possibly save some money. Lot of hotels doing black Friday deals so its worth checking out.

More
9 months 1 week ago #69675

Was hoping to book a flight over for this but direct flight fri-sun with aer lingus to Lyon is now a whopping 876 eur!wtf?? Anyone doing an indirect route? @Pinky am looking at you for some alternative route inspo!! ;-)

More
9 months 1 week ago #69677

essielo wrote: Was hoping to book a flight over for this but direct flight fri-sun with aer lingus to Lyon is now a whopping 876 eur!wtf?? Anyone doing an indirect route? @Pinky am looking at you for some alternative route inspo!! ;-)

I'm sure Pinky has some Route planned that directs him through Finland, Lithuania, Italy, Montenegro and finally Lyon via Corsica. I think he's already left ;) :cheer: :cheer:

Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by ShaneM.

More
9 months 1 week ago #69687

Gang of us heading on Thurs and back Sunday.
Outbound Aerlingus
Homebound KLM

KLM is via Amsterdam 2.5hr layover.
There's also an option with KLM via Munich. Both were very reasonable when we booked (approx €90)

Theres another option with Vueling via Barcelona again reasonable enough at €100 approx.

We have booked The Résidence Hotel in Bellecour, seems central enough to bars/restaurants etc.

Last edit: 8 months 1 week ago by sea_point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sean74, ShaneM

More
9 months 1 week ago #69689

Getting the train from Holyhead.
Lunch in London, spot of dinner in Lille.

More
9 months 1 week ago #69696

pinky wrote: Getting the train from Holyhead.
Lunch in London, spot of dinner in Lille.

Normal Services Resumed @Pinky.
Was a little worried with your direct route to the Sarries match...

More
8 months 1 week ago #69766

Not long to go for this trip now!!! Can't flipping wait for Friday :woohoo:

We'll try our best to keep this thread updated during the trip.
If anyone wants, they are more than welcome to join us on our jaunt across Lyon (CC)

The following user(s) said Thank You: sea_point

More
8 months 1 week ago #69767

We're a group of friends who go to watch an Irish team play away every season in the Heineken Cup - this year it's Lyon!

One of our lads has had to drop out ill and, as a result, I have a spare ticket for the match if anyone would like it - free obviously. Only downside is you have to sit beside us. B)
Seat is in the Tribune Serfim, pretty central.

If no takers, look forward to meeting some of you over there. We'll be the loud people in Ireland shirts!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sea_point, ShaneM

More
8 months 6 days ago #69770

If you haven‘t found anyone to give the ticket to, I‘ll gladly sit on that empty seat. I have a ticket but I am going alone, so I would love to sit next to some other Connacht fans :)

Moderators: pinky
logo