Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon ConVGla - Pro12 1/2 Final available Tickets

More
8 years 3 months ago #44722

Careful now, it's not criminal, just immoral :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: connemara man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #44723

clanman wrote:

sea_point wrote:

Horsebox44 wrote:

clanman wrote: seems to be a lot of people posting first time here looking for tickets, I've got a college road ticket, don't care where i am as long as I'm there

Is there an issue with people using the forum to look for tickets. You seem to be suggesting that people posting here for the first time are not real fans. Perhaps they attend every game, read every article, follow the team through thick and thin but do not have a season ticket and do not post comments for the sake of being heard on a forum. Not everyone loves the sound of their own voice. What this forum should be all about is facilitating all fans, particularly at a time like this.

Wind your neck in fella!

Nothing offensive in anything Clanman said, just an observation. It is simply a statement of fact also commented on by other posters. We are seeing a lot of new visitors to the site this season overall, but even more so as we've reached the conclusion. And yes this sites main purpose is to help out like minded Connacht Supporters.

To that end, I'd suggest that your first posts on here shouldn't really be coming across as aggressive / combatitve if you're really thinking about requesting help with accessing tickets from other forum users,.. First impressions and all that..!

yeah maybe they are genuine fans, i suppose define a genuine fan, but also i see it here in work a lad who only gets interested in Galway Hurling at semi-final and final time, he's on every forum looking for tickets as if he has a devine right to be there and it's all about gloating when he gets an Hogan stand ticket.

Unfortunately the Fair Weather fan is everywhere....but while they're around the Branch may as well take their money...but its vexing when lads who are going to matches for years and due to money being tight can't aford the luxury of a ST and can't get to the semi.
A genuine fan.....I suppose anyone who has kept going all through the years,stood in the Sportsgrounds in the wind and rain and endured the smug looks of visiting supporters as too frequently we lost; or to be on a high stool in a far off place talking rugby and get incredulous looks over a pint glass as you say "I support Connacht".
And the kids proudly wearing a Connacht jersey to school when every other kid wore Munster or Leinster,getting teased and be told " Connacht are crap" !
Oh how its changed :-) :-)

Going to the Sportsgrounds is a bit like Mass:You stay until the players are off the pitch and never leave early!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peyton1990

More
8 years 3 months ago #44749

mikey wrote:

clanman wrote:

sea_point wrote:

Horsebox44 wrote:

clanman wrote: seems to be a lot of people posting first time here looking for tickets, I've got a college road ticket, don't care where i am as long as I'm there

Is there an issue with people using the forum to look for tickets. You seem to be suggesting that people posting here for the first time are not real fans. Perhaps they attend every game, read every article, follow the team through thick and thin but do not have a season ticket and do not post comments for the sake of being heard on a forum. Not everyone loves the sound of their own voice. What this forum should be all about is facilitating all fans, particularly at a time like this.

Wind your neck in fella!

Nothing offensive in anything Clanman said, just an observation. It is simply a statement of fact also commented on by other posters. We are seeing a lot of new visitors to the site this season overall, but even more so as we've reached the conclusion. And yes this sites main purpose is to help out like minded Connacht Supporters.

To that end, I'd suggest that your first posts on here shouldn't really be coming across as aggressive / combatitve if you're really thinking about requesting help with accessing tickets from other forum users,.. First impressions and all that..!

yeah maybe they are genuine fans, i suppose define a genuine fan, but also i see it here in work a lad who only gets interested in Galway Hurling at semi-final and final time, he's on every forum looking for tickets as if he has a devine right to be there and it's all about gloating when he gets an Hogan stand ticket.

Unfortunately the Fair Weather fan is everywhere....but while they're around the Branch may as well take their money...but its vexing when lads who are going to matches for years and due to money being tight can't aford the luxury of a ST and can't get to the semi.
A genuine fan.....I suppose anyone who has kept going all through the years,stood in the Sportsgrounds in the wind and rain and endured the smug looks of visiting supporters as too frequently we lost; or to be on a high stool in a far off place talking rugby and get incredulous looks over a pint glass as you say "I support Connacht".
And the kids proudly wearing a Connacht jersey to school when every other kid wore Munster or Leinster,getting teased and be told " Connacht are crap" !

Thats a fair point. but what about Connacht fans living abroad that cannot get to games. Attending matches and posting on forums I do not think is necessary to consider yourself a genuine fan. Personally I think when you watch a game and you cannot take the smile off your face because you have such a pride in the team and what they represent. Passion, commitment, unity, a never say die attitude. Everything people from the West of Ireland are about basically

Pinky: Only joined to try and get a ticket. I will leave again.

Mikey: Thanks for the advice.

Enjoy the game.

#Dreamland

More
8 years 3 months ago #44754

Horsebox44 wrote:

mikey wrote:

clanman wrote:

sea_point wrote:

Horsebox44 wrote:

Wind your neck in fella!

Thats a fair point. but what about Connacht fans living abroad that cannot get to games. Attending matches and posting on forums I do not think is necessary to consider yourself a genuine fan. Personally I think when you watch a game and you cannot take the smile off your face because you have such a pride in the team and what they represent. Passion, commitment, unity, a never say die attitude. Everything people from the West of Ireland are about basically

Pinky: Only joined to try and get a ticket. I will leave again.

Mikey: Thanks for the advice.

Enjoy the game.

#Dreamland

Horsebox,I've sent you a PM,check your in box.

Going to the Sportsgrounds is a bit like Mass:You stay until the players are off the pitch and never leave early!

More
8 years 3 months ago #44755

Would anyone have a ticket at face value for the game tomorrow please ? ,kevin

More
8 years 3 months ago #44756

If you don't get an offer here, might be worth trying the Dail Bar early, where some of the travelling Glasgow fans will be, they might have some extras if some friends couldn't travel.
Also make your way through the regular pubs and don't be afraid to call out if anyone has a spare going.
There's always someone who can't make it at the last minute.

Lastly, get to the ground by 5 and see if anyone has a spare outside.

Genuine fans (read non-touts) will sell at face value if they have spares and as crazy as it might seem, I think there'll be a few floating around.
Lots of ST holders (if not all) bought their extra ticket, I suspect not all will have found a home.

More
8 years 3 months ago #44777

I can see the concern alot of Members here have ref. People logging on once just to get a ticket & once sorted, never to be seen again.
My main concern however, would be Touts & the likes doing something similar. Logging on using numerous Usernames to get their sticky fingers on tickets to sell on at ridiculous prices.
I appreciate this is not going to be for every game next Season, but with the buzz around Connacht atm, & long may it continue, We potentially will have a good number of games next Season that will definitely be Sell-outs, between the Interpros, Champions Cup, & again the Play-Offs ;) .
With that in mind, perhaps it would be an idea that, only fully paid up Members are entitled to purchase tickets from other members on the forum. I don't think it's too much to ask, €10, & it would also have the potential to increase the coffers of the Clan base itself.
Now, I am one of those that have been on here practically daily for a few years now, but prefer to stay quiet in the corner lol. Saying that, I think €10 is fantastic value, & If only to give someone a better chance of getting an extra ticket for that BIG GAME.
On a side note, I find the site a great benefit to my overall Connacht Supporting experience, so thanks to all involved :cheer:

Long-time member, still thinking of something intelligent to say :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by J Locky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL, RuffMcTumble, EnricoPalazzo, Westie

Moderators: pinky
logo