Search Our Site

Topic-icon Pro 12 Final Fan Only Charter #NoJinx

• RonanL
  • RonanL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #44091

I've used #NoJinx in the title to counteract any bad luck which may arise from a topic such as this.....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has looked at the logistics for a potential final appearance in Edinburgh in a few weeks time. Those that have looked will know that the flight and accommodation prices are already very high, and availability very low (and that's before the finalists are known). It turns out that the Edinburgh marathon is taking place the same weekend. Hardly ideal, but there's no point getting into that now.

The fact of the matter is, if we progress to a final, then it will be an all ireland final. That means huge additional demand for hotel rooms and flights off the island. I know many people are flexible, and willing to fly into the likes of Southampton and trek across Britain to get to the game. I'm personally not a big fan of that approach, especially the day after.

So, considering the game kicks off at 17:30, I'm wondering if it would be feasible to charter a plane (I'm talking a 737 "or similar"), to fly over on the morning of the game, and come back either late that evening (thus saving people cash on hotels in Edinburgh), or the next day.

If it's deemed a good idea, would this be something the Clan Committee could pursue, perhaps in conjunction with Keller Travel (or whoever the Connacht travel agent is)?

#NoJinx #NoJinx #NoJinx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #44092

Way ahead of you! See point 5, here! www.connachtclan.com/about-us/committee-...tee-meeting-14-04-16

The plane idea was totally out of whack. I put in a few calls and essentially the answer was: if you have to ask...

That said, we do have plans in place as regards a bus/ferry to Edinburgh from Galway. We're hoping to pin same down by the later part of the week. Given the logistics of the thing, it will probably have to be done before the semifinal!

The following user(s) said Thank You: ConnachtCows, RonanL, galwaystan, wp_rathead, Evil_g, ShaneM

More
8 years 4 months ago #44093

Fair play. I would not like to be the unpaid volunteer responsible for organising all of that.

• RonanL
  • RonanL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #44094

Fair play is right.

As an aside, for the quarter final of the world cup, ryanair added a few extra day trip flights to Cardiff, so maybe they'd do the same if it was an all Ireland pro 12 final. It was a flat rate of €199 return, and it worked out well. Out early, few pints, match, few more pints, and home.

• ThisYearWillBeDifferent
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #44096

Extra flights would be nice. Pity Leinster will know their situation a day before us. (Or Ulster, but they might go from Belfast. )

The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL

Moderators: pinky
logo