Search Our Site

Topic-icon Help Needed - Xmas present

• Mary_Ryan_2015
  • Mary_Ryan_2015's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #38100

Hi,
Want to surprise my boyfriend with a trip away. Dates that suit are the Scarlett's match. Will this be a good match? Has the Clan organised to travel together for this? Thanks Mary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #38118

Well, how can I put it tactfully, it wouldn't be the most romantic town on the away travel itinerary, though I know one Clan member who might disagree :-)
Also the timing of it isn't great for attracting a big travelling crowd - it's the week after the trip to the RDS that most people will want to take in, and the week before Brive away, which depending on the kick-off announcement would be top of a lot of people's list for an away trip. It's also on a Sunday and in the midst of the post Christmas austerity.
Not trying to put you off it or anything, we had a warm welcome last season and it was good craic, but don't be expecting a big Connacht crowd. There will definitely be a few there though and sometimes the trips where you're the Only Connacht in the Village are the best craic.

All going well it could be another top-of-the-table clash though, so rugby-wise it could be a good one to get to.

More
8 years 9 months ago #38179

Name and shame

Long time member, short time poster

• Mary_Ryan_2015
  • Mary_Ryan_2015's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #38181

Thanks for feedback. I'm organising for him to go with a friend of his (his G/F organising with me) so no romance needed!!

Brive looks like a bit of a trek to get too - is it as bad as it reads?

Thansk.

More
8 years 9 months ago #38202

Edinburgh on March 3rd. Great spot to visit and we'll go there hoping for victory. Should be no problem getting match tickets either :-P

Moderators: pinky
logo