Search Our Site

Topic-icon Rugby Ground Guide

• ayepod
  • ayepod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12569

Hello all ye at Connacht,

Hopefully I am posting in the right place as I'm a first time poster. I have started a little project to pull together a guide to each ground in European rugby for any travelling fan to find out about the club, the ground, where to eat, drink and be merry. I was looking last year for similar information on Welford Road (where Ulster were playing) and could find nothing but football sites of this ilk, so decided why not try and fill the void?

I'd love for any of you guys to get in touch (PM sure) if you are interested in helping out on the Galway front and I'll let you know more.

Hope it's OK to invade your forum in this way, and if not please move/delete as appropriate and sure enjoy Friday night. Am not too impressed at the scheduling that means I'll be on the terraces at Northampton rather than watching your guys, but hope it goes well anyway.

Thanks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #12572

Great idea,

are you going to publish this on a web site?

Im sure that a link could be posted on the home page, would be of use to Connacht fans traveling to away games

Long time member, short time poster

• ayepod
  • ayepod's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 9 months ago #12573

Hi Ger,

I am indeed - www.rugbygroundguide.com had been registered but wasn't being used so I had to hold off until the previous owner gave up on it - snapped it up at the weekend there.

It only has a bit of a holding page on it at the moment but thought I'd better put something up as the odd person has found their way there already, via Google I imagine. I have an Ulster page drafted up and am just starting to go around the houses to get as much content as I can before launching it properly.

Any offers of help greatly appreciated!

More
11 years 9 months ago #12575

I can some advice but there is already a guide being prepared for the i phone app, dont know what stage it is at but here is a post from that thread

What? And ruin the surprise? I bet you were one of those kids who didn't make it through lent, weren't you?

Ok, here's the info, the app is split into 6 sections

News: all of the news items as on the front page of the clan website. I'll be looking to add the news from the Connacht Rugby site if they let me, but that's for a future version.

Pictures: fans can take photos which will have the Clan logo added at the bottom right corner, these can be tweeted to @ConnachtClan and we'll RT them (as long as they're not rude) It's basically a mini Connacht only photo album.

Twitter: probably the least interesting thing, but it's expected by this stage. Tweets from the players and the team. Not great material, but that's because the player's tweets aren't the best entertainment

Videos: A collection of Connacht related videos from the Connacht, RTE & Pro12 youtube channels.

Calendar: An up to date calendar of all matches and clan events, including weather forecasts for matches in the future and reports for matches past. This will also note what TV channels matches are available on, kick off times etc.

Map: Maps of Galway, Parma, Dublin, Cork, Limerick & Cardiff so far. These have places marked that are recommended in some way by the host team. We list hotels, bars, cafes and restaurants. For the Galway map it's business that are in some way connected with Connacht or the Clan, e.g. Buskers, Tamarind, Carlton etc.

New maps will be added in time, we asked other teams for locations for the maps but the info is slow in coming back. But once we launch I hope to see them realise how useful it is and maybe they'll get back to us. If not, they're not going to be on the list.

perhaps you can ask for an exchange program

hope that this helps

More
11 years 9 months ago #12576

Sorry but the poster was ummm

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
11 years 9 months ago #12577

FYI the app won't have a ground guide as such, it is on the map but no info such as directions/facilities are provided. The map section of the app is more a guide to where to go pre/post match and affiliated accommodation.

Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by ummm,.

Moderators: pinky
logo