• Diom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
12 years 11 months ago #1029

If so check out this email we received :

email from Keith wrote: Hello Connacht supporters,

Can I say from the outset I have nothing whatsoever to gain from this email. I always email the away supporters clubs' before a match to welcome them to my local social club.
It is a stones' throw from the Liberty Stadium and the cheapest beer and parking (£4) by far in the area.  The club is called The Landore Social Club.

Another reason for my emails are that the club is just off the main road to the stadium (Neath Road) and many fans don't know it exisits as you can't see it from the main road. It is only a 5 to 7 minute walk to the stadium.

My only ulterior motive is to meet opposing fans as we are regular away travellers ourselves and we like to pick the brains of opposing fans to locate decent pubs, hotels, restaurants etc... when we come to your ground, which we will be doing.  It is also a good atmosphere in the club when away fans are there.

We have a great response nearly every year from Munster, Ulster, Glasgow, Edinburgh and in the past Gloucester, London Irish, Sale and Stad Fancais, and of course quite a few of our Welsh opponents including nearly a full house when Scarlets and Blues come to town.

I am just a regular club member and as I said have nothing to gain, neither is this an advertisement of any kind I just think it helps build up links as I myself have visited Connacht and had a great welcome despite losing to you.

Either way best of luck when you come and I hope you all enjoy your time in Swansea,
Keith Yeates

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: pinky
logo