Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht vs Llanelli Scarlets - 15/09/12 15:00

Poll: Poll: Are you going to the match

Hell Yeah..!
18 75%
Beidh mé ag breathnú / ag éisteacht ar TG4 / GBFM.
6 25%
Game, what game.... Ooops!
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 24 ( Sheepsean, connachta, Woody, Connachtman, micktreacy ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • ConnachtCows
  • ConnachtCows's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 1 week ago #9796

Early kick off for this one. Think I'll definitely be going home again after it.

Anyway, here are the basic details:

Week 3 of the Rabo Pro12 Season

Venue: The Sportsground, Galway
Time: 15:00
Date: Saturday, September 15th
TV Coverage: TG4

Previous meetings in Galway:
Saturday September 10th 2011: Connacht 13-11 Scarlets
Saturday February 12th 2011: Connacht 17-13 Scarlets
October 30th 2009: Connacht 16-10 Scarlets
Friday January 9th 2009: Connacht 14-19 Scarlets
January 4th 2008: Connacht 20-18 Scarlets

Honestly, didnt realise out record against them was so strong at home

This seasons information:
Scarlets: Currently 1st place. 2 wins from 2. 9 Points
Connacht: Currently 5th place. 1 win and 1 win losing bonus point. 5points

Head to Head:
Wins: Connacht 7 Scarlets 11
Draws: Connacht 1 Scarlets 1
Average Age: Connacht 26 Scarlets 25

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sea_point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9799

Scarlets have started the season impressively in two tough games. Easterby as coach may prove an inspired choice. Their backline is very impressive on paper. If we are to come away with any kind of result from this there will have be a massive improvement in performance from the first 2 games. Hope to see more of our injured players returning here, especially in the centre.

3.00 is an unusual time, no doubt to suit tv, hopefully it won't affect the crowd but I feel it might.

• ConnachtCows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 1 week ago #9802

I cant see what impact a 3 o'clock kick off, compared to a 5 o'clock kick off will have.
More people might go, as they can be home for dinner.
I cant imagine that the Clan Bar will do as well, but sure, I might pop in and have one or two anyway

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #9805

we are counting down the days to our visit to galway!!!

• kcreg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #9806

whats the weather forecast like for saturday folks ??

• Moss973
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Still a perpetual supporter of the underdog
More
12 years 1 week ago #9808

Met Eireann are currently going ....

Friday will be mostly dry with sunny spells and lighter winds. There'll be a few showers in coastal areas of north Connacht and Ulster. Temperatures will be in the mid teens. The weekend will be milder with temperatures in the mid to high teens. Both Saturday and Sunday look like being dry apart from a few showers on west and north coasts.

Further update Tues a.m.

• Packie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • FOUNDING FATHER
More
12 years 1 week ago #9811

ConnachtCows wrote: I cant see what impact a 3 o'clock kick off, compared to a 5 o'clock kick off

I'll guess you're not involved in a club CC

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 1 week ago #9813

Packie wrote:

ConnachtCows wrote: I cant see what impact a 3 o'clock kick off, compared to a 5 o'clock kick off

I can absolutely empathise with folk involved in clubs, but Connacht has to ensure that they get as much TV exposure as possible. Their sponsors will expect it and it does no harm at all to promote the brand especially when we win a few. We are way down the foodchain with Broadcasters, so the few games we get that don't involve Munster or Leinster will always tend to be at obscure or inconvenient times unfortunately. But thankfully it is only a tiny fraction of our games per season...

• ConnachtCows
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 1 week ago #9815

Packie wrote:

This is true. Apologies, didnt consider clubs playing on Saturday, or training for kids.

Still, decent weather on the horizon. I doubt we'll get a worse day, than the one against Cardiff again this season

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 1 week ago #9816

We have a great record against Scarlets but in fairness they've never been in a position to send the best XV out. This time round they'll have all their internationals available and they'll be a much tougher proposition.

We're growing slowly into this season, but they've really hit the ground running. An LBP would be a good result from this game, a win a real statement of intent.

Justice 4 Faruk

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 1 week ago #9824

ummm, wrote: We have a great record against Scarlets but in fairness they've never been in a position to send the best XV out. This time round they'll have all their internationals available and they'll be a much tougher proposition.

We're growing slowly into this season, but they've really hit the ground running. An LBP would be a good result from this game, a win a real statement of intent.

Think we have to hope for traditional Galway weather to neutralise the Scarlets attacking flair, they always play a very decent brand of rugby if allowed to.

Our rush defence will need to be in tip-top shape to close the space quickly on the likes of North & Fenby and young Fullback Williams. They mix power with lovely running lines, and in Priestland they have a very calm rudder supplied by Travis Knoyle who is a typically niggly pain in the ass of a scrumhalf. It will be fascinating to see a battle between young Marmion and Knoyle...

If we are to win, it'll be won up front and I think we definitely have the personnel to win a physical confrontation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• Moss973
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Still a perpetual supporter of the underdog
More
12 years 1 week ago #9829

At moment weather more suited to spectating than traditional Connacht tactics.

Met Eireann says -

Friday will see a mixture of sunny spells and cloudy periods. Some showers are likely over northern areas, but it should be mostly dry elsewhere. Breezy at first with stiff westerly winds, but these will moderate through the afternoon. Highs of 14 to 18 C., are expected.

Mostly settled, mild weather is expected for the weekend, with a mixture of sunny spells and cloudy periods. Some showery rain may affect northern coasts, but most places should be dry. Top temperatures will be in the mid to high teens and winds will be moderate southwesterly.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9834

Not looking forward to this one. Scarlets have come out of the gate well. Connacht have not and injuries don't look like helping that. Zebre backs looked dangerous most of the 2nd half so what will this inform Scarlet's back line do? Will Eric finally change tactics? Kicking away possession to these backs on a lovely Saturday afternoon will have the game decided in the first quarter. It's going to take a big step-up from Connacht to keep this game competitive.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9842

Word is that we're up shit creek with injuries from the Zebre game

Have to wonder about the strength and conditioning team

More
12 years 1 week ago #9843

what have you heard? we must be empty on scrum halfs as they wouldnt of brought on frank murphy last time and that they would of put KM back on rather than using nikora there

More
12 years 1 week ago #9847

Can we not get Strings in on an emergency loan!?!

Tough to know what's behind the raft of injuries, Tom Mclaughlin has been heading up the conditioning team for the last few years and we have been relatively lucky in that regard.

I think we all knew we were light at center going into the season and that has been compounded by the injuries at 9 and 2.

Really hope we see another step up in performance this week and can get something out of the game, team announcement will be very interesting.

logo