Search Our Site

Topic-icon Harlequins Oct. 20th @ The Sportsground

• Wasrednowgreen
  • Wasrednowgreen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 11 months ago #10988

Everyone needs to get down to the game next weekend. It is such a huge match for Connacht - maybe season deciding fixture. The last time Quins came , outside of the weather, the crowd was a massive boost to the team. Never under-estimate what a big crowd at the Sportsground can do.

Try to get your mothers , fathers, grandparents , kids , long lost friends , old girlfriends / boyfriends etc etc ...everyone you think could make it to the game, to actually be there.

Quins are flying it at the moment and our lads will need every roar on we can give them. :woohoo:

To finish next weekend with two wins in our first two HC games would be such a huge achievement and we could even start to do something which is very dangerous in Connacht rugby terms - DREAM THE DREAM of a quarter final place!!!!!!

C'mon Everyone and C'MON CONNACHT.....into the battle with ye!!!!!!! :angry:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom, Sol_ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10991

Nick Evans is out

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 11 months ago #10993

Well that's good news. They were still good without him yesterday. Scary good. He wasn't really missed to be honest, yer man Botica was savage.

“I wanna f#*kin' win, I wanna f#*kin' win..............BADLY”

More
11 years 11 months ago #11011

LIST OF ALL TIME GREAT MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS

1. Eric Elwood
2. Braveheart
3. Wasrednowgreen

Well said, sir!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wasrednowgreen

• Creedence
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 11 months ago #11013

www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/14/har...en-cup?newsfeed=true

Quins's overriding priority, though, is to avenge last season's Galway mugging. O'Shea acknowledges that "the date Jan 20th is etched in our memory" and Botica already detects a sense of steely purpose in the dressing-room. "I'm sure the boys are going to be up for it, having lost to them last year and being kicked out of the tournament." On this evidence, Connacht should batten down the batches.

Our guys are going to really have to be up for this.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11014

Well, at least the boys and girls in the Met Service are holding their end up...

"Current indications suggest that Saturday will bring further heavy showers and that a spell of persistent rain will move northwards over the country through Saturday night and Sunday."

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
11 years 11 months ago #11018

Creedence wrote: www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/14/har...en-cup?newsfeed=true

Quins's overriding priority, though, is to avenge last season's Galway mugging. O'Shea acknowledges that "the date Jan 20th is etched in our memory" and Botica already detects a sense of steely purpose in the dressing-room. "I'm sure the boys are going to be up for it, having lost to them last year and being kicked out of the tournament." On this evidence, Connacht should batten down the batches.

Our guys are going to really have to be up for this.

Well do you know what, Quins seems to think it was an aberration that they were "mugged".

Fact is we were deserved winners and should have won by more, we should have won over there too but for a lack of self-belief.

if I was Eric I'd be sticking up every interview from the last couple of weeks that mentions Quins coming to "avenge" theIR loss and plaster them all over the changing rooms and gym this week...

• menacethedenis
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
11 years 11 months ago #11022

sea_point wrote:
Fact is we were deserved winners and should have won by more, we should have won over there too but for a lack of self-belief.

this

“I wanna f#*kin' win, I wanna f#*kin' win..............BADLY”
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by menacethedenis.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11025

i seen on the connacht website that alex saul is saying, this will be connacht second biggest attendence, behind toulouse.
frankly i cant see this happening. at the moment, the clan and the enclossed area upstairs is sold out and the main terrace is filling up.
little over 5,800 was at the leinster game with only a man and his dog behind the posts.

we need to start selling fast if we want to over take, 6000, heineken cup games is count by whoever walks in the gate with a ticket, rather then pro12 which is count as how many tickets are sold.

as it stands
1) toulouse 9120 (november 2011)
2) munster 7022 (march 2012)
3) toulon 7000 (april 2010)
4) leinster 6582 (january 2012)
5) leinster 5813 (september 2012)

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by swift4prez. Reason: rte being wrong

More
11 years 11 months ago #11027

swift4prez wrote: 2) toulon 8000 (april 2010)

There were only 7000 people at this game, this was the stated capacity of the ground at the time and the attendence given on the erc website. So the target is the Munster attendence of 7022, as you say this is still a huge ask though.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11028

salmson wrote:

swift4prez wrote: 2) toulon 8000 (april 2010)

There were only 7000 people at this game, this was the stated capacity of the ground at the time and the attendence given on the erc website. So the target is the Munster attendence of 7022, as you say this is still a huge ask though.

yes sorry, stupid me took the figures from rte website rather than erc, thinking back i should of remembered

More
11 years 11 months ago #11030

I've said it before, tickets for behind the posts for these games should be €5 cheaper. If its raining and the wind is blowing straight down the pitch you have absolutely zero cover. Look at the first few games, how many have been standing there? €30 in your pocket and watching at home or in the pub looks very attractive if you're 50/50 about going.

€30 is probably justified for this type of game but think they could have put a HC package together for something like €70. Lets face it barring a miracle there won't be much to bring them to the Zebre game in the final pool game.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11032

Borders no.2 wrote: Lets face it barring a miracle there won't be much to bring them to the Zebre game in the final pool game.

last year aironi was 5th highest attendence which included pro12 and heineken.
ahead of them were toulouse, munster, leinster, quins.
aironi was higher than ulster and our 3rd heineken cup team.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11034

Agree with you totally borders, charging the same for behind goal as clan or main terrace is rediculous and insulting to patrons attending and that applies to all fixtures.From what i have seen attendances are down slightly from last year as it is and we dont have the bumper draw of Toulouse to fall back on this year. I cant make it saturday but a college rd ticket in poor weather conditions wouldnt appeal to me if im honest.

On the game we will have to have a rock solid scrum and lineout backed up with Dan Parks top kicking game in all departments. If we bring these components to the table we can win this game. Quins, while a top side, are very beatable. What we cant do is get involved in free flowing rugby with them. This one is a forwards game with good field position the priority and top defence again.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11036

I was at the Aironi game swifty and that was a fiddle on the attendance figure if ever there was one. not only did they add in the non attending season ticket holders but also the previously unclaimed freebies that st holders were entitled to for that one.

The real attendance was around 4000 but not above it.

More
11 years 11 months ago #11038

Eric said in his press conference today that there's been more than 8,000 tickets shifted already

logo