Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht v Pau - Challenge Cup - April 7th

  • ShaneM
  • ShaneM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69783

Not sure when they will announce the exact Kick offs but the Clan Crack travel team is on it already.
Accommodation is pretty easy via the likes of Booking.com for PAU

Below are the "Near" Airports to Pau:

Biarritz Airport – Pau
121 kms with Tolls
161 kms without Tolls
Approx 2hrs 30 mins with Public Transport
Approx 1hr 20 mins with Rental Car/Taxi

Bordeaux Airport to Pau
221 kms with Tolls
251 km without Tolls
Approx 3-4 hours with Public transport
Approx 2hours 10 mins with Rental Car/Taxi

Lourdes Airport to Pau
43 kms without Tolls
Approx 51 mins with Rental Car/Taxi
Approx 1 hour 35 mins with Train
Approx 2 hours 25 mins with Bus
Approx 2 hours 8 mins with a Bike :whistle:

Toulouse Airport to Pau
201 kms with Tolls
Approx 2 hours 30 mins with Car/Taxi
Approx 4-4.5 hours with Public Transport
Bit too long to attempt a cycle!!!

Carcassonne Airport to Pau
283 kms with Tolls
Approx 3 hours with Car Rental/Taxi
Public Transport would have to go through Toulouse so add another hour at least to the Toulouse transit times.

Will post more info when it becomes available.

Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by ShaneM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander
The topic has been locked.
  • ShaneM
  • ShaneM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69784

Also the usual applies, any ideas for Watering Holes?
Already have got a recommendation for The Galway pub

The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69785

I'm going to try find where we went in 2004, there were a couple of decent pubs then, can only be better now. Nice city, wealthy area. Bring the prayer mats if you're coming across on the Lourdes flight on Thu!


....bind, bind!
The topic has been locked.
  • St Placide
  • St Placide's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Paris-based Connacht supporter, Stade Français fan
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69786

There's also an airport in Pau, served by a number of airlines, mainly via Paris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: biffo77, ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69787

Have a memory of the Bikini Bar, it was in an area with a few bars together. Can't remember there being a Galway bar, we'd have been in it if it was there. Seapoint might remember! Smaller town centre in any case so there'll not be an issue meeting.


....bind, bind!
The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #69789

Last year the fixtures were announced on the Wednesday after pools were finalised so we should know in the next day or so what date we are playing.
Plenty of options on how to get there so once we know we will blast out the details here and online.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
  • sea_point
  • sea_point's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Praetorian Guard
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69794

Gubrugby wrote: Have a memory of the Bikini Bar, it was in an area with a few bars together. Can't remember there being a Galway bar, we'd have been in it if it was there. Seapoint might remember! Smaller town centre in any case so there'll not be an issue meeting.


Didn't do Pau for Rugby, but visited during a holiday around Paye Basque. The Galway bar should be OK, not sure there are too many great options if Irish style pub is what's required. But the location is great, around the corner from the Chateau up on the promontory looking over the Railway Station and across to the Pyranees. Beside other bars (probably area you remember Gub). Nice outdoor space if the weather plays ball (close to the mountains, so outside of summer itself the weather can be a wee bit inconsistent)...

maps.app.goo.gl/PjUiLGmL4SF7jorW8

The following user(s) said Thank You: biffo77, Sean74
The topic has been locked.
  • ShaneM
  • ShaneM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69799

sea_point wrote:

Gubrugby wrote: Have a memory of the Bikini Bar, it was in an area with a few bars together. Can't remember there being a Galway bar, we'd have been in it if it was there. Seapoint might remember! Smaller town centre in any case so there'll not be an issue meeting.


Didn't do Pau for Rugby, but visited during a holiday around Paye Basque. The Galway bar should be OK, not sure there are too many great options if Irish style pub is what's required. But the location is great, around the corner from the Chateau up on the promontory looking over the Railway Station and across to the Pyranees. Beside other bars (probably area you remember Gub). Nice outdoor space if the weather plays ball (close to the mountains, so outside of summer itself the weather can be a wee bit inconsistent)...

maps.app.goo.gl/PjUiLGmL4SF7jorW8


Thanks for the Info @Sea_Point

Clan Requirements for a bar (cafe bar) are:
Decent Staff (that do not take an age to serve you)
Open Late
Not overly expensive
Beer / Other drink is good

We'll go anywhere if the above criteria is met ;)

Must have a look for the "Bikini" Bar @Gub was on about.
I think it doesn't matter which pub we're in, the craic will be had (CC)

Any other recommendations are welcome!

The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69803

Match confirmed.....Sunday 7th April

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69804

Booked....Going Saturday to Monday.

Dublin - Toulouse (Ryanair)
Biarritz - Dublin (Ryanair)

Staying in Appart City Confort

Trains are also great value each way and look at downloading the SNCF app as you can get their loyalty advantage card which can save you on trips over the course of the year.

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Sean74.
The following user(s) said Thank You: St Placide, ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
  • ShaneM
  • ShaneM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69806

I think there's a good few of us Staying in AppartCity Confort!
We'll have a lively community in there!
They will not know what hit them!!!!!

The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69807

ShaneM wrote: I think there's a good few of us Staying in AppartCity Confort!
We'll have a lively community in there!
They will not know what hit them!!!!!


Neither will our bank accounts...

The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69808

Booked into the Ibis in Pau, because I heard there was a group in the AppartCity...

Returning from Biarritz on the Monday. Arrival TBC, probably Friday, travelling over from Treviso.

The following user(s) said Thank You: biffo77, ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
  • ShaneM
  • ShaneM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69809

Sean74 wrote:

ShaneM wrote: I think there's a good few of us Staying in AppartCity Confort!
We'll have a lively community in there!
They will not know what hit them!!!!!


Neither will our bank accounts...


Say nothing ;) :P

The topic has been locked.
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69811

Same as Megan re: arrival I've booked the Appart City and I'm from from Bordeaux Monday with Aer Lingus

The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaneM
The topic has been locked.
  • sea_point
  • sea_point's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Praetorian Guard
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #69822

Do we know when tickets are due to be availalable for this? Guess it'll be the usual, buy direct from host team ticketing setup...?

The topic has been locked.
Moderators: pinky
logo